• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kreiger - You've got it all wrong. Start at point blank, gun sideways for the modern gangster sight in, then back up to 7 yards with Tannerite.

Like this.

Reactions: LoCal247
Hey guys, I think I have figured it out.

He's not wrong, but hes about 20 years too late with a totally straight face. 7 yard zero, introduction to the mil dot reticle and holds - this can be only come from one place in the entire universe.

He's from Leupold.
I’m from Leupold and I’m here to help. 😅

Sooooooo whats Part 3 going to be?

- How to use an abacus?

- Introduction to wind constant formulas?

- The ballistic advantages of the 30-06?

- Putting together an ALICE pack?
Go ask Alice when she's ten feet tall - Grace Slick

Reactions: Zane1844
I posted and will be clarifying point #1 of the following:

I am assuming that you reviewed our website. Based on this assumption, I will provide the reasons that we utilize airsoft.

1. In order to provide training with a real handgun (at least in the state of Texas) you have to be licensed. Becoming a licensed firearms instructor is not the easiest thing to do. This state requirement can be circumvented by using airsoft guns.
2. Some training schools utilize Simunitions in order to provide real-time feedback in a safe environment. I have done this in the past. However, the use of Simunitions requires that you take a class which costs, you have to have insurance which is exhorbitant (IF any companies will insure your training company). These costs add up making classes not necessarily as profitable as is necessary to continue to run courses. The utilization of airsoft allows a very close result as with simunitions, or UTM, with a miniscule fraction of the cost.
3. The use of airsoft provides the student with right now, real-time feedback as to whether a TTP works or not. It's easy to say things like, "My last instructor told me to stand in the open and lay down suppressive fire no matter what." When students do this and then are engaged with airsoft (simunitions and or UTM), they learn, on their own, from the discomfort of the impacts of the training rounds, that the TTP that they're employing does not work.

The same can be said for testing and finding that one's TTP does work.

The Take Away here is that airsoft and like training munitions allow for a safer training environment where you can test your personal or team TTPs/SOPs in a safe environment.

-Krieger

CLARIFICATION / LTC REQUIREMENTS
1. There are state requirements in order to become a "License To Carry" instructor and to teach the "LTC" course.
2. Requirements found on the following website:
https://pointblankchl.com/how-to-become-a-texas-ltc-instructor/.
3. I do not teach LTC courses.

STATE OF TEXAS REQUIREMENTS TO TEACH A FIREARMS COURSE
1. There is no licensing requirement in the state of Texas to teach students how to shoot a firearm.

WITHIN REGULATIONS AND LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
1. As I was questioned regarding my legal status to teach students how to utilize a firearm, I am simply responding and providing clarification to that query.
2. As there is no state regulation nor licensing requirement to teach students how to utilize a firearm, I am within state compliance when I provide instruction to students.

QUALIFICATIONS:
I have several qualifications to include the NRA Basic Pistol Instructor.

-Krieger

Is this where Alec Baldwin Trained?

Kreiger - You've got it all wrong. Start at point blank, gun sideways for the modern gangster sight in, then back up to 7 yards with Tannerite.

Like this.

Was there a gun there?

All I saw was a nice piece of trim

Sooooooo whats Part 3 going to be?

- How to use an abacus?

- Introduction to wind constant formulas?

- The ballistic advantages of the 30-06?

- Putting together an ALICE pack?
Part 3: Tactical Musket

EE1D3AD1-A9D7-4668-A103-9FC84F8750A3.jpeg

You were a security contractor on Baghdad, Iraq!?

Like, wow. That's my dream job! What company did you work for? What section did you work for?

RSO?
OSCI?
ORA?
DoS?
DoD?
DTRA?
TC?
SOC?
CHS?

Did you normally work in Annex 1 or Annex 2?

Do tell! I'm genuinely curious because that career path is soooooo interesting to me!

You're so operator.
You misunderstood, he was a security contractor in the middle east of the mid-west in the largest shopping mall in the western hemisphere.

• Love
Reactions: Bakwa and RTH1800
Another way to zero works for old guys like me. It is found in NSSF videos and in the book "Long Range Shooting Manual." Written by Ryan Cleckner. He is an author and lawyer. But his previous career was sniper team leader in the 1st Ranger Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment for a number of tours in the Global War on Terror.

He will go to his outdoor range and bore-sight at 25 yards. Shoot one or two to be well on paper. From there, he does not have to bore sight at 100. He just goes to the 100. If he shot center at 25 yards, he will likely be about 2 inches high at 100 and then it is easier to sight in from there.

Reactions: Krieger_Tactics
If this lesson is really for John Q Redneck that just bought a tasco 6-24 mil-dot and wants to improve on his marksmenship and/or his hunting....

Then why are all the thread tags operator as fuck tags? Why not tag the thread with keywords such as "the basics", "designated marksmen", or "long range hunting".

Because farmer Fred ain't going to be searching for #greenberet, #sniper, or #pewpewlife to improve his hunting skills.

If this lesson is really for John Q Redneck that just bought a tasco 6-24 mil-dot and wants to improve on his marksmenship and/or his hunting....

Then why are all the thread tags operator as fuck tags? Why not tag the thread with keywords such as "the basics", "designated marksmen", or "long range hunting".

Because farmer Fred ain't going to be searching for #greenberet, #sniper, or #pewpewlife to improve his hunting skills.

CREDIBILITY
In the professional realm, personnel offering information often provide their backgrounds and their resume. Doctors, dentists, attorneys or like professionals, often hang their degrees, licenses and even civic awards on the walls of their offices, etc.

These professionals display their degrees, licenses, awards, etc., in order to immediately establish credibility.

In like manner, I provided a bio in order to establish credibility with the readers of this series.

It is my intent to demonstrate that I have a proficiency in Long Range Precision Marksmanship. This proficiency is based on my service as a Special Forces Soldier and a contractor that has attended multiple Long Range Precision Marksmanship courses and that has deployed numerous times as either a military sniper or a designated defensive marksman.

In the instructor training courses that I have attended (DoD, DoS, NRA) I was instructed to provide my bio to those in attendance for the exact same reasons that I listed above - credibility.

WHO IS SEARCHING FOR WHAT AND HOW.
I appreciate you having shared this thought:

"Because farmer Fred ain't going to be searching for #greenberet, #sniper, or #pewpewlife to improve his hunting skills."

I would venture to state the exact opposite.

I would think that individuals looking for the basics of TTPs that employ MIL dot reticles would certainly seek out and look for posts written by a (current or former) Special Forces Soldier and that they would expect him to be expert in this realm and be able to provide instruction in this realm...

Having stated all of this, if you will provide a list of hashtags that you think are more appropriate than the ones that I selected, I will most certainly consider adding them to this series.

-Krieger

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Drew890
CREDIBILITY
In the professional realm, personnel offering information often provide their backgrounds and their resume. Doctors, dentists, attorneys or like professionals, often hang their degrees, licenses and even civic awards on the walls of their offices, etc.

These professionals display their degrees, licenses, awards, etc., in order to immediately establish credibility.

In like manner, I provided a bio in order to establish credibility with the readers of this series.

It is my intent to demonstrate that I have a proficiency in Long Range Precision Marksmanship. This proficiency is based on my service as a Special Forces Soldier and a contractor that has attended multiple Long Range Precision Marksmanship courses and that has deployed numerous times as either a military sniper or a designated defensive marksman.

In the instructor training courses that I have attended (DoD, DoS, NRA) I was instructed to provide my bio to those in attendance for the exact same reasons that I listed above - credibility.

WHO IS SEARCHING FOR WHAT AND HOW.
I appreciate you having shared this thought:

"Because farmer Fred ain't going to be searching for #greenberet, #sniper, or #pewpewlife to improve his hunting skills."

I would venture to state the exact opposite.

I would think that individuals looking for the basics of TTPs that employ MIL dot reticles would certainly seek out and look for posts written by a (current or former) Special Forces Soldier and that they would expect him to be expert in this realm and be able to provide instruction in this realm...

Having stated all of this, if you will provide a list of hashtags that you think are more appropriate than the ones that I selected, I will most certainly consider adding them to this series.

-Krieger
Oh boy you left yourself open with that one.

This is the same dude who posted his airsoft ghillie suit asking for kit suggestions right?

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Seriously,

If you are what you say I think a lot of folks here would enjoy and learn from you.

Your current topic is simply dated and too basic to be of much if any interest. The 7 yard issue is foolish to even the most inexperienced folks on this site.

If you come with experience, current info of high quality you could be an asset to this site and a popular poster.

Don’t forget your audience. Lot of very experienced operators here. Lot of enthused and very sharp amateurs as well.

Quite a few folks who know nothing like me as well. 😉

@Krieger_Tactics

Will you please post your Master Troll certification documents?

You are one cool, unflappable troll.

I don't actually have a Master Troll certificate. Perhaps someone could develop a class and a certificate.

I take your comment, "You are one cool, unflappable troll.", as being a compliment... For which I am grateful.

-Krieger

Reactions: RTH1800
Seriously,

If you are what you say I think a lot of folks here would enjoy and learn from you.

Your current topic is simply dated and too basic to be of much if any interest. The 7 yard issue is foolish to even the most inexperienced folks on this site.

If you come with experience, current info of high quality you could be an asset to this site and a popular poster.

Don’t forget your audience. Lot of very experienced operators here. Lot of enthused and very sharp amateurs as well.

Quite a few folks who know nothing like me as well. 😉

I am exactly what I have shared that I am.

I would appreciate the ability to share with those willing and desirous to learn.

I understand that you feel that my topic is dated and too basic. I agree with you completely. It is dated and too basic - except for those who are new to long range precision marksmanship and who purchased a non-MIL/non-Duplex style reticle.

I have provided instruction to with those who have these style reticles and I have received DMs from individuals that thank me for the information (as basic and outdated as it is) that I have provided.

To note, those that are quite well experienced may find nothing of use in my posts. I understand that. But these posts are not intended for those individuals. These posts are intended for those who have had access to but very little information, have very little skill and very little experience in long range precision marksmanship.

I would venture to say, however, that there may be some experienced shooters who might find one or two things of interest in my posts. Maybe. Maybe not.

Rth1800, I appreciate your manner of addressing this series and the offerings. You are polite, professional and concise. We may not necessarily agree, but I can tell you that you have garnered a great deal of respect from me in what you've written.

I would offer this as well. As far as long range precision marksmanship... I am a very basic type person. I'm a tactician. I utilize the instrument provided in order to achieve an objective. There is nothing that I am doing that is ultra secret or cutting edge. I was taught and employ(ed) the basics.

I did once read something that said this though: "Excellence is Mastery of the Basics."

As far as there being, "Quite a few folks who know nothing like me as well." I have a very sneaky suspicion that you are quite well versed in a litany of topics... including Long Range Precision Marksmanship.

In closing, the topics will get a little more in depth than the basics... of course that's a matter of perspective. I don't mean to offend anyone if they are too basic. I'll make adjustments as I can and as long as I stay within my actual capability.

Thank you for writing in.

Respectfully,

-Krieger

Last edited:
Part 3! Part 3!

You need to assign everyone callsigns.

So... Call signs... I'll share a bit of my personal experience... Callsigns sometimes get assigned... because you messed up... really bad! I've been lucky. That's only happened to me once.

Also, almost everyone here has a really cool cs already! Some of them I see and I'm like, man THAT'S a cool cs/username...

I'm working on part 3, I promise! In fact, I just took a short break in order to review the comments section to see if there was anything that I needed to addess. There are so many good comments here that I feel amiss when I don't respond. Even the comments that aren't nice actually have some really good points.. Points that I hadn't considered... such as not writing in red. THAT was a GREAT point that several persons had noted...

-Krieger