• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Krieger_Tactics - LONG RANGE PRECISION MARKSMANSHIP: PART 5 - The Build Out

1657663997158.gif

Reactions: Ronws
Maybe I'm the arrogant one here but I dont think their is a thing in this world a dude who calls himself "hammer" can teach me...

Maybe I'm the arrogant one here but I dont think their is a thing in this world a dude who calls himself "hammer" can teach me...
Of course there is a person named Hammer who could teach you and you made it too easy for me. But thanks, anyway.

Of course, I speak of MC Hammer. Because "You Can't Touch This."

You are welcome, internet.

Reactions: Bakwa
I kinda hate to dredge this up ... but did we ever find out what the real deal was with Krieger?

I know some suggested he was a mega-troll, but there always just seemed to be too much work invested ... and while it was funny, it just wasn't funny enough ... my money was on some kid with Aspergers in a basement who had watched too many Tiborasaurus Rex videos.

Anyone know *the truth*?

Reactions: waveslayer
I kinda hate to dredge this up ... but did we ever find out what the real deal was with Krieger?

I know some suggested he was a mega-troll, but there always just seemed to be too much work invested ... and while it was funny, it just wasn't funny enough ... my money was on some kid with Aspergers in a basement who had watched too many Tiborasaurus Rex videos.

Anyone know *the truth*?
He went into business selling night vision and night vision accessories with a former forum member.

I just made the mistake of looking at their webpage again ... and saw that they are currently advertising for a "Home Defense / Counter Active Shooter" course ...

In some ways, I should never have looked. On the other hand, at $250 and only four hours long, perhaps someone wants to take one for the team, like when Frank when to a Rex Defense course?

Anyway, at least I got a chuckle from this image used to lead an article on everyday carry ... better have those six mags / 102 rounds on you at all times, 'coz, well, you just never know when you might need them:

1673337826117.png

Aaand ... in case you were wondering, it's not a joke:

1673337966886.png

I just made the mistake of looking at their webpage again ... and saw that they are currently advertising for a "Home Defense / Counter Active Shooter" course ...

In some ways, I should never have looked. On the other hand, at $250 and only four hours long, perhaps someone wants to take one for the team, like when Frank when to a Rex Defense course?

Anyway, at least I got a chuckle from this image used to lead an article on everyday carry ... better have those six mags / 102 rounds on you at all times, 'coz, well, you just never know when you might need them:

View attachment 8043450

Aaand ... in case you were wondering, it's not a joke:

View attachment 8043451
To each his own. I carry two extra loaded mags. During the mostly peaceful protests, I carried 150 more rounds in boxes for my 9 mm. And I was also surreptitiously carrying my M4 A3 (5.56 NATO) with a 30 round mag in, 1 in the chamber and safety on, plus 5 more 30 rd mags loaded. Fortunately, I did not need to to use them but, by golly, my intention was to get home in one piece. This would be a nice planet if it was not for people.

So, these latest posts gave me a rabbit hole to dive into over the last few days. Especially the talk about Lowlight going to a Rex Defense seminar on Denver, Co.

So, I searched, found the thread, listened to the podcast. Frank spent quite a bit of time with caveats about how this was not a slam on Rex Tibor. More than anything, it was a critique of presentation and areas of concentration.

My first and most important book, to me, was the Long Range Shooting Handbook by Ryan Cleckner. And I have seen him recently on the "Believe the Target" podcast. But I have also seen his NSSF videos and some others. And so, I appreciate his method and it sounds like, from what Frank was saying, his method is similar. Figure out your DOPE, stick with it, shoot tactically. I could be wrong, I don't know Frank and I have not read any of his books and I should before I fully commit to that statement. So, don't hold me to it.

I find Cleckner's advice wholly practical. In service in the 1st Ranger Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment as both a sniper and later, a sniper team leader, her shot an Army M24 in .300 Win Mag. Out to 600 yards, he could dial distance and then hold the reticle to left or right edge of target into the wind direction and get a shot. Because that was the goal. Get a shot in a 20 in by 24 in zone out to 600 yards. And most of his engagements were quite a bit less. Same for Sgt Nicholas Irving in the 3/75 with his Knight Arms SR-25 (Army MK 11 MOD 0 in 7.62 x 51 mm NATO.)

When Cleckner was asked if he could split the X at 1,000 yards, he would answer probably not but he will hit a 10 inch spread if he has a 1 MOA rifle.

Listening to Frank talk about sniper school and dry fire practice, which reminds me of what I do at home and even the first few trigger pulls at a range, reminds me of that. Concentration is on the fundamentals of shooting, not the minutae of a fraction of an inch on some very small and minute changes in loads.

Then, again, I am not shooting a mile. I am deer hunting out to maybe 300 yards max, most times, quite a bit less than that. And if I ever win the draw for mule deer at Cap Rock Canyon SP, then I might be actually shooting 200 to 300 yards in the high plains desert.

If I am just a deer hunter, what am I doing here at SH? Learning whatever I can, sharing and loving memes, of course. And now and then, ticking people off and getting some grief. All in a day's work.

I have also been a teacher in my career and specialty, which is not precision shooting or sniper stuff. So, I know the challenges of teaching but I also know how to succeed in it against odds. And that has to do with being able to "read" the student, rather than just bombastically blathering on because you are the teacher, the "Expert." I have helped students and it started with me stepping back and analyzing them rather than getting uppity because I was not respected or felt I was not getting enough attention. Anyway, that is a long story for another time for people with insomnia.

What I have noticed, especially on YouTube, is that personalities will always clash. So will the rest of us restless natives.

This Krieger guy, no telling who exactly he is and the website offers no info. And you will not find out. So, he could be shining people on. Or, he could be a retired spook from one of the alphabet agencies and learned to insulate himself. In which case, why would he open himself for review here?

Anyway, it seems that he has given up the ghost.

Last edited:
So, these latest posts gave me a rabbit hole to dive into over the last few days. Especially the talk about Lowlight going to a Rex Defense seminar on Denver, Co.

So, I searched, found the thread, listened to the podcast. Frank spent quite a bit of time with caveats about how this was not a slam on Rex Tibor. More than anything, it was a critique of presentation and areas of concentration.

My first and most important book, to me, was the Long Range Shooting Handbook by Ryan Cleckner. And I have seen him recently on the "Believe the Target" podcast. But I have also seen his NSSF videos and some others. And so, I appreciate is method and it sounds like, from what Frank was saying, his method is similar. Figure out your DOPE, stick with it, shoot tactically. I could be wrong, I don't know Frank and I have not read any of his books and I should before I fully commit to that statement. So, don't hold me to it.

I find Cleckner's advice wholly practical. In service in the 1st Ranger Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment as both a sniper and later, a sniper team leader, her shot an Army M24 in .300 Win Mag. Out to 600 yards, he could dial distance and then hold the reticle to left or right edge of target into the wind direction and get a shot. Because that was the goal. Get a shot in a 20 in by 24 in zone out to 600 yards. And most of his engagements were quite a bit less. Same for Sgt Nicholas Irving in the 3/75 with his Knight Arms SR-25 (Army MK 11 MOD 0 in 7.62 x 51 mm NATO.)

When Cleckner was asked if he could split the X at 1,000 yards, he would answer probably not but he will hit a 10 inch spread if he has a 1 MOA rifle.

Listening to Frank talk about sniper school and dry fire practice, which reminds me of what I do at home and even the first few trigger pulls at a range, reminds me of that. Concentration is on the fundamentals of shooting, not the minutae of a fraction of an inch on some very small and minute changes in loads.

Then, again, I am not shooting a mile. I am deer hunting out to maybe 300 yards max, most times, quite a bit less than that. And if I ever win the draw for mule deer at Cap Rock Canyon SP, then I might be actually shooting 200 to 300 yards in the high plains desert.

If I am just a deer hunter, what am I doing here at SH? Learning whatever I can, sharing and loving memes, of course. And now and then, ticking people off and getting some grief. All in a day's work.

I have also been a teacher in my career and specialty, which is not precision shooting or sniper stuff. So, I know the challenges of teaching but I also know how to succeed in it against odds. And that has to do with being able to "read" the student, rather than just bombastically blathering on because you are the teacher, the "Expert." I have helped students and it started with me stepping back and analyzing them rather than getting uppity because I was not respected or felt I was not getting enough attention. Anyway, that is a long story for another time for people with insomnia.

What I have noticed, especially on YouTube, is that personalities will always clash. So will the rest of us restless natives.

This Krieger guy, no telling who exactly he is and the website offers no info. And you will not find out. So, he could be shining people on. Or, he could be a retired spook from one of the alphabet agencies and learned to insulate himself. In which case, why would he open himself for review here?

Anyway, it seems that he has given up the ghost.
There's a lot here.
Can you give a brief synopsis of your point?

There's a lot here.
Can you give a brief synopsis of your point?
Yeah, sorry, I forgot to make my main point.

One update, I have read Frank's book on precision marksmanship and his experiences as a Marine scout sniper. And, of course, Cleckner's book. What I mean to say is, I prefer to get advice and instruction from retired military snipers. Not because of the mystique or glory or myth we build around it but because they have practical experience on how to get a shot down range and on target under pressure. I have not served. But I have been shot at and I know what that pressure is like.

So, in the end, I would take my instruction and philosophy from Ryan or Frank, or both, rather than from Rex. I like Rex and I think Frank's podcast was on the mark.

Granted, differences in presentation and focus. Then, again, look at the site and you will see Rex's credentials. He may be a lifelong hunter and shooter but he does not have military experience.

So, he may talk a lot about the Coriolis effect but most snipers have not had to calculate it because the effect only shows up past 1,000 yards. Per the words of Ryan Cleckner, Nicholas Irving, and Charlie Melton, most active deployment engagements were well less than 600 yards.

From a physical and mathematical standpoint, I agree with others that the spin drift will have some effect. The biggest variable, since gravity is a constant, is the wind. If it were not for wind, everyone could be a sharpshooter.

I know if I had to sit in a class and listen to the minutae of internal ballistics, I would probably go to sleep. Maybe some people are really focused on the 1 and 2 mile competitions. As opposed to hunters such as myself.

Long story short, Lowlight is right. That could be just me and my predilection for taking advice more strongly from someone who has done it for a living.

Last edited: