• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Kroger - BLM fee

Last week the wanted to put the change on my rewards card, not keep it.

Last time I was at Wal-Mart they asked if I wanted to donate my change to some children's charity. I don't care due to me hating to carry loose change around.

Another place not to shop.
So they made a mistake in their point of sale programming that effected one person and they acknowledged the error, and your response is to not shop there? Having a hard time following your logic on this one

So they made a mistake in their point of sale programming that effected one person and they acknowledged the error, and your response is to not shop there? Having a hard time following your logic on this one

Officials with Kroger say the charge was a mistake, as the policy is still new.

"It is not a fee; we're not charging anything,” Eric Halvorson said, a Kroger Spokesperson. “This is just adapting to the shortage of coins in the system and we're trying to be as creative as we can to help work through this."

I see where Kroger said the "charge was a mistake". I don't see where they said they corrected the error. Sure we can assume they returned the charge to the credit card . . . . but it does NOT say that.

Additionally I find it hard to believe that a mistake in their point of sale programming only effected one person. Hopefully, they will return the charge to all of those (presumed) other credit cards. Do you suppose they will call all of those card holders to confirm the return charge - or just let it ride?

I expect the accountants at Kroger have determined it is truly not a "fee" - most likely because they will have to pay taxes on those "fees". I suspect they consider it a "donation" . . . with a little different tax structure.

Fortunately we do not have Kroger stores in this part of the country. If we did, I would suspect the lines at the checkout counters will slow considerably . . . while folks check their receipts . . . and wait for the returned charge on their credit cards.

I put any change I have in my pocket in a quart mason jar........when it is full, I take it to the bank, and exchange it for cash.......$180.........$200..........it goes into my gun fund...........the jar is almost full......

Kroger you want to be creative and help with the so called coin shortage problem how about you just round down everyone's purchase that is $20 or over to the nearest dollar......BOOM PROBLEM SOLVED!

Process works. In the 80s while stationed in Germany, U.S. military had "penny" shortage. Cost of shipping pennies not cost effective. They rounded sales to nearest nickle. Voilà!!!

Reactions: Steel+Killer
So a store makes a mistake and that means you can never shop there?

Or is it just because they wont return change if you pay in cash?

Im headed there in a minute. I will pay for the change part of my bill in pennies.... 🤣🤣
Pay the change portion with a card. That really fucks with them.