• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Krylon Barreled Action/Bolt Only

rideHPD

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2010
San Diego, CA
www.linkedin.com
I wanted to paint just my barreled action and bolt, as I was having problems with rust, but didn't seen any good guides that really did what I wanted, and showed how to paint the whole rifle, and didn't tape the areas I wanted/needed. So this is for those who want a little more "whole" paint job.

Here she is before:

The bolt:

Mock-up with just the khaki:

The bolt:

BA:

Finished product:

Phone camera washed it out, the colors are much better in real life. But the khaki is significantly lighter than the FDE.

That's not bad but next time you dust it with Krylon try using Play-Doh to plug the action instead of tape and paper towels. Those work in a pinch but you'll get cleaner lines with the Play-Doh and it comes out pretty easy with little to no residue afterwards. I've used it on my DuraCoat projects too with pretty good success.

Wow that came out pretty nice. I'm still trying to decide if want to go the Krylon route or just pay for a cerakote job.