• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Krylon on a stock pack?

Cserv

Private
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
wherever I may roam...
Just finishing painting my rifle, and ordered an Eagle stock pack, all they had was a khaki. I want to paint the pack to match my rifle. Maybe not the cheek piece, but the pack portion. Is this doable w/ same paints? Or should I try to find some dyes and sponge it on? any suggestions? Thanks.
Eric

Re: Krylon on a stock pack?

You can spray it. It wont be the same color but it will be close. Got a buddy that sprays his all the time when he repaints his rifle.

Thanks 308, thought it might be a close color match, just didn't know if the paint would come off from handling or your face, etc... I'll do the same as I did w/ the rifle. Spray and then sponge technique. Maybe even a little paintbrush to work the color into the fabric.

the fabric will tae oj the hue of the color you want, but will not hold thick paint ---it will flake off. no worries, looks like a tan shadow at the end of the day, which is never bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armymedic.2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the fabric will tae oj the hue of the color you want, but will not hold thick paint ---it will flake off. no worries, looks like a tan shadow at the end of the day, which is never bad. </div></div>

The paint will hold up if you use Krylon just not on the check piece that will rub off.

I expected the nylon should hold the color, just not heavy paint. That will flake/chip even from the nylon. didn't think the suede would hold the paint well. With the pack being khaki it should "stain" pretty easily. Thanks for the replies.
Eric

do it done it it works fine just dont go heavy and you can touch it up as desired.

Getting into a hobby or Michaels or some arts/crafts store and pick up some t-shirt dyes or fabric dyes (pretty inexpensive). As mentioned above, you mostly want to blend and break up outlines in the shoulder area, but you'll want dominately lighter colors, because of the shadow made when shouldering the rifle. Break-up lines or a "twig" or tiger stripe or something to match your other color scheme.

Hope it helps...

Just got the box, from the man in brown. My Eagle stock pack, I picked up from Warrior-Gear, ordered on the 12th and 1st attempt at delivery was 16th. The color seems a little darker with a little greenish tint to it. Is this normal for a khaki? No matter, the color will soon be changed. Oh yeah, and a good price, cheaper than I see them going for used here. And got a nice cap with the deal!
Eric