• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Krylon'd my AIAX today...

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Maine
Didn't like the FDE, so I changed it up. First time kryloning anything, I'm happy with the results! Was supposed to be multicam, doesn't quite match, but oh well. I'll do it again when this starts to wear.

Re: Krylon'd my AIAX today...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle. What scope is that on top? </div></div>Hensoldt 4-16x56ff

Is that an AI scope mount? If so, did you have to mod it for the Henny? They are pretty short tubed.
These AX rifles are really wrapping around my brain stem. It's gonna get expensive!
Nice job ...... Krylon instead of Wally World rattle can ....... first class all the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that an AI scope mount? If so, did you have to mod it for the Henny? They are pretty short tubed.
These AX rifles are really wrapping around my brain stem. It's gonna get expensive!
Nice job ...... Krylon instead of Wally World rattle can ....... first class all the way. </div></div>No mods at all to the scope mount. It is an AI 45moa pic rail mount, which leaves .6 mil below zero. Perfect match.

What can is that on there?

turned out really good, IMO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What can is that on there? </div></div>SAS Ti Arbiter

Total spec sheet for those interested:

AIAX- full options list (folder, quick adjust cheek piece, quick adjust/target buttplate, buttspike.)

18.5 inch Border barrel (was a 26" AW barrel that I had cut to 18.5 inches, rethreaded to 18x1.5, and fluted.)

AI 45moa pic rail mount

Hensoldt 4-16x56ff

TAB quick adjust sling

Atlas V8

16.8 pounds with all of the above, including the (empty) mag.

Hope Bm11 doesn't mind me replying for him, but Im pretty sure I remember him mentioning that it was a thread on can Hugh.

agreed the FDE color makes the stock look like a toy and super plasticy. nice job.

the FDE is the only thing i don't like about the AXs. Looks great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BM the can is a SAS is it the thread on or the QD? </div></div>Thread on. I have the factory Bartlein barrel with the SAS QD brake, so I might end up picking one of those up at some point, but the thread on has been working real well, so we'll see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BM the can is a SAS is it the thread on or the QD? </div></div>Thread on. I have the factory Bartlein barrel with the SAS QD brake, so I might end up picking one of those up at some point, but the thread on has been working real well, so we'll see. </div></div>

Danke

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rundm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does it shoot? </div></div>Like an AI.

To expand on that more, it is the most comfortable rifle I have ever handled. It fits me like a glove and is very easy to get on target.

5 shot groups at 100 yards are easily .5 moa or better. Luckily, I haven't had to shoot it at 100 yards lately. I have taken it out to and made hits at 900 yards.

The more I see of the AX the more I hear those voices in my head.........they keep getting louder...............<span style="font-size: 8pt">"Buy me!" </span><span style="font-size: 11pt">...."Buy me!"</span>........ <span style="font-size: 14pt">"I want one!"</span>....... <span style="font-size: 20pt">"Buy me!"</span>
wink.gif

Looks really good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that an AI scope mount? If so, did you have to mod it for the Henny? They are pretty short tubed.
Nice job ...... Krylon instead of Wally World rattle can ....... first class all the way. </div></div>No mods at all to the scope mount. It is an AI 45moa pic rail mount, which leaves .6 mil below zero. Perfect match. </div></div>

Thanks for the info. I have an AE MKII with 18 MOA mount on the way and am seriously thinking Hendsoldt for it.

The multicam Krylon job looks great to me, especially considering that it's your first paint job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bryanZ06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The multicam Krylon job looks great to me, especially considering that it's your first paint job. </div></div>

+1!!! paint the rest. Anything looks better than black
smile.gif

How do you like that bi-pod. I'm waiting for the AICS AX to be available, then my 700 will be complete. I'm really looking at that Atlas V8 to complete the package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SHAKAZULU</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bryanZ06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The multicam Krylon job looks great to me, especially considering that it's your first paint job. </div></div>

+1!!! paint the rest. Anything looks better than black
smile.gif
</div></div>Hah! If I could fully convince myself that I'm never going to sell any of it, I definitely would.

While right now I am thinking that I will be "keeping it forever" there is always the chance that I will sell something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Colonel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you like that bi-pod. I'm waiting for the AICS AX to be available, then my 700 will be complete. I'm really looking at that Atlas V8 to complete the package. </div></div>I love it, though the Harris BR-S 6-=9 is also a very nice fit on this rifle. With the harris adapter, the profile is nice and low.

I have been thinking about trying a Harris with Pod Claws, but the atlas works so well...