• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Krylon'd my XLR chassis

McLarenross

Sergeant
Minuteman
It was finally warm and sunny enough this week that I was able to paint my XLR chassis. Ive had this thing since 2009 and finally got around to spraying it. I was actually wanting to do tan as the major color on the stock but I couldnt find any brown in stock locally so I decided on a Tsudo-GAP camo pattern. First I sanded everything just to rough the surface up, then I taped off all the bedding areas as best I could. I painted the entire rifle with a sandable primer first, then entirely black. After that was dry to the touch I applied some masking tape in different areas and taped out the Texas on the PRS's cheek piece as well as the Gonzalez flag's cannon and star on the other side. Then came the tan color and another layer of tape and finally the OD green. After it all dried for 3 days I removed all the tape and sprayed it again with some matte clear coat. This morning I put it all back together and Im pretty happy with it I think. I might re-do it one day with tan as the major color like I originally wanted, but it wont be until after this has work pretty good.

Here she is.

Last edited:
Reactions: SonicBurlap
That's really sick, been considering doing this to mine forever and after seeing this I might have to give it a try. Solid work my friend.

Looks too good...nothing in nature is that perfect!
I think you spent too much time on the painting and not enough on the shooting!

That said, nice job!
I get my XLR in a few weeks- out will come the Krylon and you will all be witness to some serious one-downsmanship!