• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Kudos to Brownell's

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
I ordered an AR-10 PRS stock from Brownell's when I saw it on sale with free shipping. Since the shipping said it could take up to 10 business days to arrive, I waited until the 11th or 12th day before sending an email asking if there was a status on my order.

Brownell's overnighted a replacement. Hard to argue with that.

No idea what happened with the first stock.

Richard

When I am in Cabelas and they don't have something in stock or available then they always recommend Brownells to me. It says something when Cabelas is recommending them as well.

I usually get excellent service from Brownells. My last order was for a Geissele SCAR Super trigger. I put the order in last Monday. By Thursday no email showing shipment. I called Thursday and they said they would overnight it Thursday. It got it Friday. Took the stock trigger out asper the Geissele video. Opened the package. To my dismay the trigger unit did not have the retaining slave pin that holds the disconnector coil spring and main trigger assembly, less the hammer, hammer spring and rod, together so you can insert the captured unit and assemble the unit by just sliding the SCAR trigger pin in which punches out the salve pin. I called Geissele first they said since I bought the trigger from Brownells i'd have go thru them. Called Brownells they said it would take 5 weeks to get the missing part. I am not a happy camper. $325 for the trigger and a 5 week wait is unacceptable. I guess i'll have to try to make a substitute slave pin to install the unit.

I've always had good luck with Brownell's. I like that I can often times call and have rather lengthy technical discussions about a particular item, or part, or process. They are top-notch in my opinion.

I have had excellent CS from Brownells as well. Ordered 10 boxes of FGMM 215M primers and received 5 boxes of 215 and 5 of 215M. When I called, they sent out 5 boxes of 215M without charging me and had me keep the 5 of 215 -- since I could not ship them back due to HazMat.

Last edited:
I live near Midway USA and still get most of my gun supplies from Brownells. I have never dealt with a company with better customer service. I bet they would refund you for a barrel that you had shoot out years after you had ordered it and apologize for it not lasting longer. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brownells is the shnizznit. Living in Iowa sometimes has it's perks. I get charged sales tax, but order usually shows up next day if I get it early enough. Good folks to deal with or just shoot the shit with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to give Brownells a big thumbs up. They have mil discount which is awesome. They just shipped my woa spr barrel and adj gas block!

Heck, Im an international buyer, and had a awesome experience with them. I put a decent ($800+) order through with them, and after 8 days my card had yet to be charged. I sent them an email asking if there was an issue, and they admitted they had overlooked it, and got it processed ASAP and paid for my international shipping.

Cant complain with that at all.

I had an order for some MagPul furniture set. In stock when I placed the order, but the box showed up without it, and invoice marked back ordered.

So I called. They had the parts I really needed in stock, so did a replacement BO (replace the BO item with similar items that are in stock). Was to ship for free.

A week later, nothing. So I contact them. No order in the system, so we place the order AGAIN. A few days later, no shipping email, so I called. Order was on hold due to the state I live in (had some other things on the order), but there was no issue. They explained that their new system was flagging orders incorrectly. Shipped the order overnight, early delivery. ON THEIR DIME.

SUPER customer service.

I usually get excellent service from Brownells. My last order was for a Geissele SCAR Super trigger. I put the order in last Monday. By Thursday no email showing shipment. I called Thursday and they said they would overnight it Thursday. It got it Friday. Took the stock trigger out asper the Geissele video. Opened the package. To my dismay the trigger unit did not have the retaining slave pin that holds the disconnector coil spring and main trigger assembly, less the hammer, hammer spring and rod, together so you can insert the captured unit and assemble the unit by just sliding the SCAR trigger pin in which punches out the salve pin. I called Geissele first they said since I bought the trigger from Brownells i'd have go thru them. Called Brownells they said it would take 5 weeks to get the missing part. I am not a happy camper. $325 for the trigger and a 5 week wait is unacceptable. I guess i'll have to try to make a substitute slave pin to install the unit.

Why not return the trigger? They have a no BS return policy...