• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kudos to SIG

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
While swapping a scope to a different rifle, I found that two of the Torx head screws were missing from the SIG scope rings. No big deal. I take the rings to several local gunsmiths. Not a one had any screws in their junk box. In fact, they could not even identify the diameter and thread pitch on the screws. Went to several hardware stores and attempted to use their gauges to determine what size the screws were... Not a bit of luck. As a last resort, I emailed SIG to ask the size of the screws so I could buy some replacements. A guy from SIG (Bill) replied immediately. He said "Give me some more info and I will "work up a resolution".

Today FedEx dropped off a SIG package with a new, complete set of scope rings. I was shocked. Needless to say, this gesture will be remembered when I need firearm related supplies in the future.

There is hope.

Hobo

Attachments

• IMG_6016.JPG
    IMG_6016.JPG
    366.8 KB · Views: 70
Wow, well-done Sig and Bill. Here's hoping that Bill's behavior is praised and emulated throughout Sig.
My experience is that their electro-optical group does much, much better with customer service than their firearms group.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
That's pretty solid customer service. I found this info on the Alpha 1 ring screws.

I don't see 6-32 much when it comes to scope mounts, I try to keep a nice collection of various screws and things for my guns and accessories. Years back, I finagled some 1/4-28 action screws as well as a good collection of 6-48's and 8-40's from different mounts and what not that I no longer use. Back when I used LaRue mounts, they always sent an extra 8-40 screw so I kept them all in an organizer box.

That's pretty solid customer service. I found this info on the Alpha 1 ring screws.

I don't see 6-32 much when it comes to scope mounts, I try to keep a nice collection of various screws and things for my guns and accessories. Years back, I finagled some 1/4-28 action screws as well as a good collection of 6-48's and 8-40's from different mounts and what not that I no longer use. Back when I used LaRue mounts, they always sent an extra 8-40 screw so I kept them all in an organizer box.
Like so many other things in life..... When an item has done so good, for so long... Why change it? Look all the way back to the beginning of a simple spark plug. Fast forward to 2022, and look at how many spark plugs there are on the market. They all do the same thing. I miss the simple days.

Wow, well-done Sig and Bill. Here's hoping that Bill's behavior is praised and emulated throughout Sig.
My experience is that their electro-optical group does much, much better with customer service than their firearms group.
I've had nothing but positive experiences with the Legion CS staff, only dealt with Ryan, any time I need something.

+1 for good service from them. I had the screws strip on a Romeo 5 even though I was using the recommended torque.

They shipped me a whole new sight ASAP.

Sig Optics has gone above and beyond in service for me even though the end result was I was the problem not the equipment!

I've had nothing but positive experiences with the Legion CS staff, only dealt with Ryan, any time I need something.
Well, for what you're paying for the Legion experience, I'd expect nothing less.
It's just sad that their firearms group isn't so stellar....in my experience.