• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KYL Question

I feel like you're either looking for a cookie or you forgot the question you came here with.

Quick tip. Complete thoughts and paragraphs will get you better answers.

We get all our targets cut by a local shop with a waterjet. Much cheaper to buy a sheet and layout the cuts in cad for minimal waste. Shipping is outrageous compared to buying a sheet locally.

Verify the sizes are what they say they are or you will have a target holder with oversized targets . the one we got said one thing and arived something else it looked the same but the targets were not the correct sizes . It fine with me we just moved it further back to 150 - 200 yards but the targets they supplied were larger than the add stated the smallest still over an inch and it should be about the size of an aspirin I would either verify the sizes so your not surprised or order somewhere else . and that is the same one from amazon that i ordered . Good luck and I hope yours is what you want it to be .

Reactions: littlepod
I feel like you're either looking for a cookie or you forgot the question you came here with.

Quick tip. Complete thoughts and paragraphs will get you better answers.

We get all our targets cut by a local shop with a waterjet. Much cheaper to buy a sheet and layout the cuts in cad for minimal waste. Shipping is outrageous compared to buying a sheet locally.

I'm sorry that I didn't answer in complete thoughts and paragraphs. I will ask in a much more thorough way. I saw that it was a pretty good deal for $149.99 for a KYL rack. I wasn't sure though, as good deals aren't always to be true. I would hate to buy something and just have it fall apart after a few uses, leaving me with a $149.99 of wasteful steel. I've never bought steel targets before.

Someone messaged me and let me know that they had a friend who bought it and it fell apart after a few uses. They recommended that I go and look at D&M targets. I've contacted them to place an order for their KYL set and also found some other interesting rimfire targets for some fun stages to craft. I am ordering - https://www.d-mtargets.com/store/p76/rim_fire_know_your_limits_rack_.html and https://www.d-mtargets.com/store/p84/rim_fire_Spinner.html

They also mentioned that just finding scrap metal at local shops would be cost effective. I would just need to find someone which a drill press to just drill some holes in it. Then I can just buy some of these Shepherd's Hooks - https://amzn.to/3bvhFJY and hang the steel up making a super cost effective way of starting a local rimfire match and having steel for people to plink off of at varying distances.

Verify the sizes are what they say they are or you will have a target holder with oversized targets . the one we got said one thing and arived something else it looked the same but the targets were not the correct sizes . It fine with me we just moved it further back to 150 - 200 yards but the targets they supplied were larger than the add stated the smallest still over an inch and it should be about the size of an aspirin I would either verify the sizes so your not surprised or order somewhere else . and that is the same one from amazon that i ordered . Good luck and I hope yours is what you want it to be .

Thanks for that advice. I definitely wanted the KYL to be accurate, as there are a lot of stages / practice like NRL22 which call out KYL racks at certain distances, so it would be good to line up the exact 1/4" size, etc.

Reactions: Joshuaray83
I bought that target set from amazon I mostly shoot it at 50 yards easy to set up and it’s pretty nice. The 1/4 inch target did start to bend back from the hits(it’s pretty slight) but otherwise I like the target set.

I too have that exact target. I'm very satisfied with how easy it sets up and stores. My 1/4" did start to bend a little from the impacts but I just turned it around and shot it back straight from the other side.

I got this one. It wasn't cheap but really well made. We've blasted that thing so much and it has worked as good as it did when I first got it.

https://yourtarget.biz/shop/know-your-limits/

This guy is a little weird, to say the least, but gives a decent review of the target. The video doesn't do it justice. The entire assembly is very solid.

What is nice about it is that the manufacturer has spacers between the plates. That's so there is minimal to no movement of a plate when the one next to it is shot. In other words only one plate is going to move when the bullet makes contact.