• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

L-N-L die and conversion bushings

bbtoys

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2011
carolina piedmont
Has anyone using the Hornady L-N-L die and conversion bushings noticed any problems with concentricity or seating depths? thinking about getting some to speed things up a little with my single stage press but didn't want to introduce any new variables. thanks

Re: L-N-L die and conversion bushings

I have the same question about concentricity.

Not worried about seating depth through, as long as you apply the same amount of force on the handle, the seating depth will be consistent, IMHO.

BAGunner,

On a single stage or turret press, set up your seating die so that the ram runs its full length and starts back down rather than stopping when it hits the die. That removes the need to feel how much seating pressure you are using. This isnt really possible on a progressive, at least not on the ones I have. You will have much more consistent COALs by doing this.

Cant speak to additional runout with LNL bushings because I only use them on progressives.

I use LNL Bushings on a single stage and don't have a problem at all with concentricity. Loading .338 LM with 300 Scenars and Lapua brass I can keep it at .002" or less. On the rare occasion one will be above that but not often. When I seat my bullets I run up the ram just enough to barely start the bullet then bring it down, turn the case 180 degrees and fully seat the bullet with slow and steady pressure. Doing it that way has reduced my runout considerably.