• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision L3 LWTS on my KAC SBR

TestnDoc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2012
Pensacola, FL
Here is my L3 LWTS on my KAC SBR 11.5". The LWTS is an amazing unit, the image is phenomenal. Thanks to Jim Santana at SPI!! My iPhone pic does not do the LWTS justice.
85B2756C-BFDF-4D96-AB47-FD647AA6BDD0.jpg

1CD7205B-7963-4BD8-9D2B-7633CC16E4FE.jpg

Get the SPI DVR from Jim too and show us some kill videos.

You are right the I-phone through the lens pics do not do much of anything justice....

That is awesome, have you gotten a chance to use it out in front of some magnified optics? Looks like a handy little lightweight rig!

That's a great set up. I have one on mine, with the vortex lining right up with the cup provided on the LWTS.

I also have two more of the LWTS for sale at a crazy good price if anyone is interested, see my other POSTS

This one is on my bucket list.

I know this lists as being designed around ACOGs, i'm assuming at 4x, but have you tried it with any magnification over that? what's the quality of the image over 4x?

It's great. I had it at 8x the other night and had a bit more to go. Though it was starting to get a bit pixilated, you can still make out most things

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

This is a awesome photo sir! Just beautiful.

Did you get your free book with the purchase? "How to shoot like a Navy Seal" This is the scope that Coronado Seal Sniper instructors use!
how-to-shoot-like-a-navy-seal.jpgphoto 5.JPG

the blond looks great-Segal, not so much !!!!!!!!

The LWTS is outstanding. By far the clearest view yet. One of the posters asked about clarity. Best clarity is as a stand alone. Then I get great clarity up to 4/6 power depending on the optic it is in front of. The ACOG is the one I use the most but the eotech works well also. My Leupold Mark 8 CQBSS works well up to 6 power with no need for Illumination. There is a definite need for interface hoods and they do not come with the initial package. Otherwise you do get splashback from the LWTS. and it is clearly visible.

Unfortunately L3 doesnt sell any accessories for the LWTS, they also do not sell accessories to dealers.. they only send/ship them to .mil, in fact they wont even quote unless your directly from .gov or .mil..
civilians are out of luck if they want accessories for this item. This sux but at least they are letting us sell their scopes to regular folks now! Just recently this scope was .mil only.

One of our California Highway Patrol customers sent us a nice photo of his three dollar solution for scope2scope hood... LOL... take a look... rifle1.JPG

Autozone!! hhaahaahh

the blond looks great-Segal, not so much !!!!!!!!

The LWTS is outstanding. By far the clearest view yet. One of the posters asked about clarity. Best clarity is as a stand alone. Then I get great clarity up to 4/6 power depending on the optic it is in front of. The ACOG is the one I use the most but the eotech works well also. My Leupold Mark 8 CQBSS works well up to 6 power with no need for Illumination. There is a definite need for interface hoods and they do not come with the initial package. Otherwise you do get splashback from the LWTS. and it is clearly visible.

Curious as to why you would say that your CQBSS works well up to 6x with no need for "Illumination".

Given L3's lack of any real interest in the civilian market when it comes to the LWTS, what would that mean for support if the optic should fail. I know they are supposed to be tough optics, which is great and part of the reason I'm close to pulling the trigger on one. Any idea what, if any, support would be available for the unit for us mere civilians should something go wrong?

I am referring to the reticle. No need to turn on the illuminated reticle.

Not referring to vis or IR. Ane the CQBSS works very well with the LWTS

Curious as to why you would say that your CQBSS works well up to 6x with no need for "Illumination".

Given L3's lack of any real interest in the civilian market when it comes to the LWTS, what would that mean for support if the optic should fail. I know they are supposed to be tough optics, which is great and part of the reason I'm close to pulling the trigger on one. Any idea what, if any, support would be available for the unit for us mere civilians should something go wrong?

I tried to purchase an L3 LTWS with the DRS microbolometer for the last two years after I first got my hand's on one at the Shot Show in the L3 booth, however after waiting and waiting and waiting and a no show, I cancelled the order, and glad that I did.

L3 has virtually no civilian customer support and does not seem to care about the consumer market with no distribution or service network setup to deal with civvies.

FLIR GS is the direct opposite and goes above and beyond the call of duty in assisting civilian customers with excellent outstanding customer support.

In fact, FLIR GS is currently working now on designing new digital reticules for the T-70/T-75 scopes as a new software upgrade as a direct result of civilian customer feedback. That says allot in my book and is the reason I have spent $75K on FLIR GS equipment to help manage our properties for the next ten years or more...

FLIR GS is also designing more sub-1X unity magnification options to improve the huge FOV the T-70 series provides at less than 1X, something no other thermal scope on the market has. When I am out in the middle of the swamps on a pitch dark night, max FOV is my biggest asset and my best friend...

225 Yard Coyote with FLIR T-70 compressed for net:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/SIG 716 Precision/225 Yard Coyote/SIG 716P 225 Yard Coyote.wmv

Another 225 yards coyote compressed for net:

http://www.phossil.com/thom/SIG 716 Precision/Another 225 Yard Dog/Another 225 yard Coyote.wmv

SIG%20716P%20225%20Yards.jpg

Last edited:
@cake5150 regarding warranty/support and repair issues:

You cannot deal with L3 directly, you need to go through SPI corp for assistance, if the optic or detector fails you goto SPI and we will get it taken care of, We assist you and L3 assists us!

We are in the process of building the VIDEO OUT cables for the L3 LWTS, we will be sole source for this item...we should have them built soon, so people can buy them from us even if they did not purchase an L3 from us directly,

We are sorry the offer of a free video cable has expired. We do have video cables in stock for purchase. If you purchased an LWTS from SPI we will however offer a discount price on the video output cable. Contact us for details.

Last edited:
Does the LWTS use the same cable as the CNVD-Ts I wonder?
Does the upgraded capabilities of the LWTS justify me changing over from my CNVD?
B5FBEF79_zps470aed21.jpg