• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision L3Harris BNVD (1531) Now Available for Commercial Sale at TNVC!

Victor-TNVC

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 5, 2007
    USA
    www.tnvc.com
    L3Harris BNVD1531 Binocular Night Vision Device – Tactical Night Vision Company

bnvd-1531-binocular-night-vision-1787631.jpg

GET YOUR NEW L3Harris HERE!

***NOW AVAILABLE FOR COMMERCIAL SALES — EXPECTED SHIP DATE Q2 2021***

FAQ:

• These units will come with tube data sheets and a one year factory warranty, and they will be serviced by L3Harris, even after the warranty has expired, though there may be repair fees

• They will not come with the standard TNV accessories (NVG pouch/cleaning kit)

• HAND SELECT WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE

• This is not a contract overrun or limited availability product, they will be a regularly stocked product, though we expect demand to exceed inventory quickly—they will be available on backorder

• DEALER PRICING AVAILABLE ONLY TO PROFESSIONAL LEVEL DEALERS – DIRECT ALL DEALER INQUIRIES TO OUR DEALER SALES PROGRAM.

The L3Harris BNVD1531 is a variant of the extremely popular USSOCOM issued AN/PVS-31A BNVD. The BNVD1531 was developed by L3 based on requests from certain end users that wanted a lower-cost variant of the AN/PVS-31A BNVD that had both an adjustable diopter as well as an onboard IR illuminator–essentially, a hybrid between the Legacy AN/PVS-15 and the AN/PVS-31A, hence the nomenclature BNVD1531.

Despite the nomenclature, the BNVD1531 uses standard PVS-14 style optical lens assemblies, both objective and eyepieces, not PVS-15 optical assemblies. The BNVD1531 also relocates the onboard BNVS external power connector from perpendicular to the dovetail mount as on the AN/PVS-31A to angled slightly towards the rear so that it does not interfere with the articulation of the right optical pod assembly, addressing one of the few end-user complaints with the AN/PVS-31A BNVD, that the BNVS connector could interfere with the range of motion of the BNVD’s optical pod when installed.

While the addition of the IR illuminator and the use of PVS-14 style optics does increase the weight of the BNVD1531 slightly relative to the PVS-31 BNVD, it is still a relatively lightweight, articulating system at around 19 ounces.

Other than these changes, the L3Harris BNVD1531 is identical to the BNVD, including the use of high performance L3Harris Unfilmed image intensifiers and specially shielded and modified MX-11769 format tubes that allow manual gain control, as well as the common, onboard AA battery.

These systems will be available and ship direct from TNVC in several different configurations, including a Full Kit with the complete 4x AA Cold Weather Battery Pack and 25” BNVS power cable and a 2376+ Minimum Figure of Merit (FOM), the highest factory minimum spec currently available in the industry without hand selecting image intensifiers.

They will also be available with standard mil-spec image intensifiers (1792+ FOM), both with the full kit, or stand-alone (without battery pack and cable) for consumers looking for a less costly options, but that still want the features of the L3Harris BNVD.

Each unit will also come with a full factory warranty and customer support. Each unit will also come with factory image intensifier Tube Data Records.

These units are NOT contract overruns—these are brand new manufactured units, and they will be available as regular stocking units from TNVC, though demand is expected to be extremely high.

Have a set of these currently and can confirm they are incredible units. The housing is extremely well thought out.

Will you be selling battery pack kits for those of us who already have a set of the goggles? I know historically the 31 packs have not been available for commercial sale.

Reactions: McCrazy and jwramp
    The PVS-31 was my favorite NVG to use while I was in.

Hopefully I'll manage to get a set of these before long.

You better hope the battery packs become available. Not only for the counterbalance they offer but because they drain a single battery quite quickly.
    Have a set of these currently and can confirm they are incredible units. The housing is extremely well thought out.

Will you be selling battery pack kits for those of us who already have a set of the goggles? I know historically the 31 packs have not been available for commercial sale.

You better hope the battery packs become available. Not only for the counterbalance they offer but because they drain a single battery quite quickly.
    You get 16 hours on a single AA. Not sure I would call that quickly. Secondly, the PVS-31 is a very light unit, while counterbalance is always welcome, its definitely not a necessity on these units.

You may get "16 hours" with a single AA battery with the unit turned on but I'd bet that is under ideal conditions with the tube brightness so low that the NVG is useless.

Field experience has shown me that single battery use is consistently short-lived, but go ahead and tell me your "experience" from the spec sheet.

👌
    You get 16 hours on a single AA. Not sure I would call that quickly. Secondly, the PVS-31 is a very light unit, while counterbalance is always welcome, its definitely not a necessity on these units.

You may get "16 hours" with a single AA battery with the unit turned on but I'd bet that is under ideal conditions with the tube brightness so low that the NVG is useless.

Field experience has shown me that single battery use is consistently short-lived, but go ahead and tell me your "experience" from the spec sheet.

👌
    How about Ill tell you my experience from having owned (and still do) several sets of this exact unit over the years.

Reactions: J1A and WillHugh

👌
    I have roughly 8 hours of cold weather use on the current battery, but it's an Energizer lithium. My Buddy was running Rayovacs in his and they were crapping out pretty quickly. That being said, I'm rarely out for more than a few hours at a time, so not a big deal for me. Would be nice to have the battery pack though.

How about Ill tell you my experience from having owned (and still do) several sets of this exact unit over the years.
    Sure, go ahead. It is new and won't be released for about another 9 months for purchase but tell me all about how you have owned several of them for years.

• Haha
    Reactions: jwramp
    Sure, go ahead. It is new and won't be released for about another 9 months for purchase but tell me all about how you have owned several of them for years.
    LOL.

I have roughly 8 hours of cold weather use on the current battery, but it's an Energizer lithium. My Buddy was running Rayovacs in his and they were crapping out pretty quickly. That being said, I'm rarely out for more than a few hours at a time, so not a big deal for me. Would be nice to have the battery pack though.
    This was our experience as well. We rarely ran the lithiums in our devices as some units would not work with them.

We usually saw around 3-4 hours of single-battery use with conventional batteries. The military also gets cheap batteries so maybe name-brand would do a little better.

Reactions: WillHugh
    Yes, and you will get more. I only run the E-Lithiums. Non-lithium not only greatly reduces the life but you also run a greater risk of ending up a messy compartment if you forget and leave them in.

Reactions: WillHugh
    This was our experience as well. We rarely ran the lithiums in our devices as some units would not work with them.

We usually saw around 3-4 hours of single-battery use with conventional batteries. The military also gets cheap batteries so maybe name-brand would do a little better.
    That is exactly what I am getting with mid-line batteries.
    @Victor-TNVC can we get some battery packs for them from you guys? Would be awesome if we can get the pack somewhere close to the difference in cost between the full kit and the kit without the battery pack.

Last edited:
    Reactions: McCrazy
    The system is optimized for Lithium batteries. Using Alkaline batteries is not recommended by the factory.

I believe they are. The 31 battery packs have been restricted up until now though. Would be nice to buy new instead of overpriced grey market.

Reactions: NHPiper
    Shouldn't they be the same as 31 packs?

Yes, but the price difference in price between the milspec unit with battery pack and the one without is $600, not the $1,100 that is currently the retail price on TNVC for standalone packs. I would buy a $600 pack all day long.

Maybe we can get some insight on why there is such a price difference?

Yes, but the price difference in price between the milspec unit with battery pack and the one without is $600, not the $1,100 that is currently the retail price on TNVC for standalone packs. I would buy a $600 pack all day long.

Maybe we can get some insight on why there is such a price difference?

Buying things together in a "package" usually comes with a price break.

Accessories and attachments almost always cost more when purchased a la carte, hence why "bundles" and "packages" are almost always a better deal if you're willing to pay more up front.

Not to put too fine a point on it, it costs us less to buy the package from L3H than it does to buy the CWBP kit stand-alone, hence why the retail cost follows the same model.

We do not "split kits" in-house and separate battery packs from systems to sell them separately, we buy complete kits or complete units sans battery pack, and also buy a la carte battery packs for inventory.

~Augee