• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lab Radar on sale

Good to know. Friends don’t let friends use Mail Innovations / Smartpost from Midway or Brownells.
Order a box of .22 ammo as part of the order so they have to ship it UPS or FedEx instead.

Reactions: echo6tango
Capt Nemo, that is brilliant. I ordered a Sinclair rod guide from Brownells and UPS delivered it to the post office, who immediately lost it by sending it to the wrong city. The guide was backordered, so I had to wait forever for Brownells to replace it. A month or so later they sent it again and I requested UPS only. It arrived, then a couple of weeks later the post office finally found the first one and delivered it. I called Brownells and they just said to keep it.

Had I done what you suggested, it would have avoided all that, but I didn't know they sent things that way at the time. I do now!

Has anyone had problems with this unit in the rain or cold? Have read a few accounts that weather can impact it's accuracy but now sure that's true.

Good to know. Friends don’t let friends use Mail Innovations / Smartpost from Midway or Brownells.
Order a box of .22 ammo as part of the order so they have to ship it UPS or FedEx instead.

Excellent tip, thanks!

As an update, the "Long Range Hunting store" has them for that price too beginning Nov. 17th.

Nice pro tip! Thanks

I’d love to claim credit for figuring out the “add some ammo to the order so that shipping is two to three days faster” advice on my own, but fair is fair. I got this “life hack” from arfcom when I was complaining about Midway / Brownells using POS Smartpost / Mail Innovations. Just passing that little tidbit of info along.

I’d love to claim credit for figuring out the “add some ammo to the order so that shipping is two to three days faster” advice on my own, but fair is fair. I got this “life hack” from arfcom when I was complaining about Midway / Brownells using POS Smartpost / Mail Innovations. Just passing that little tidbit of info along.

A humble & honest man......:)

Pretty much everyone that carries them now has them on sale for the same price. Kind of makes one wonder if there's a new version about to come out. I talked with them recently, and they did confirm to me that they are about to come out with a firmware update that will allow you to control the unit remotely from your phone via bluetooth (which is already in the unit from Day 1). This will allow you to control it from behind the rifle if you have to set it up out of reach in front of the muzzle (i.e. shooting suppressed) to trigger it. But nothing was said about a new version. I also suggested they consider making them more robust, but part of the problem is that the back cover needs to be kept thin for the radar to go through it. I suggested something with rugged, shock mounted borders that protect all around but leave the back open - like an Otterbox does for a phone and still allows you to use the fragile screen while keeping it protected.

I would like to see them make it $150 cheaper by eliminating the screen and controls outright and controlling it via the phone using an app.

Easier to make it tough and resistant to water that way. Also maybe setup a WiFi connection and repeater so it could be placed downrange. Imagine setting up in the target area for far down range BC monitoring?

Reactions: echo6tango and Fig
Bought one at that $499. Unfortunately, it was toast right out of the box lol. Time for warranty service.

Bought one at that $499. Unfortunately, it was toast right out of the box lol. Time for warranty service.

well that sux, would be nice if the vendor let you return it vs going straight to warranty hassle.

As far as we know, there is not a new version coming out soon. This is just a rare opportunity they have afforded dealers to provide a discount on the product for Black Friday. We will have them on sale as well, first come first serve with what is in stock.

Excellent tip

Brownells has them also. Plus you can get free shipping and another $50 off if you use the code NAA at checkout!!

Anyone have them on sale anymore ?
I missed out on the Black Friday Sales ( Bought the parts to build my B-I-L an AR15 upper instead )

brownell's has had a couple of 10% off days, but back to full price on the labradar

Damn thing never worked well for some of us -- waiting for v2 ... I remembe MagnetoSpeed v1 and v2 - had issues, but their v3 is awesome.

I had mine serviced by LabRadar. Now it is 100% functional and works fantastically. I get 100% bullet trace and it hasn't dropped a shot yet.

Just pulled the trigger on a Labradar from Brownells, they have been running 10% codes every day so I sucked it up and made the purchase along with the bench plate and a box of .22 LR ammo because FU to Smartpost / Mail Innovations shipping.

BTW, the 10% discount code is NAJ

These things rock! Never worry about shooting another one. Easy to verify BC. To answer another posters question, I had no issues in 20 deg. temps.

Mine just arrived. Going to try it out a bit before i release my magnetospeed V3 from my ownership.

as silly as it sounds try retailmenot for codes. The wife in training found one and good bit off and free shipping.

Has anyone had problems with this unit in the rain or cold? Have read a few accounts that weather can impact it's accuracy but now sure that's true.

Safariland came out to the range and did a demo shooting their latest ballistic vest panels. They were using a Lab Radar to chrono the rounds before shooting the panels. It was raining pretty good and there were zero malfunctions with the Lab Radar. I was impressed.

Genius advice... can’t believe I haven’t thought about that before instead of sweating orders to get here in one piece

But the combo from Fred at Bison Tactical. Labradar with custom case for a good price and support Snipershide folks at the same time.