• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LabRadar Accessories?

WilburW

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2018
Upgrading from Magnetospeed to LabRadar.
Beside a tripod, what accessories are necessary or highly recommended?
Is a remote trigger necessary when using with suppressed rifle? Is there a preferred model?

Thank!

Upgrading from Magnetospeed to LabRadar.
Beside a tripod, what accessories are necessary or highly recommended?
Is a remote trigger necessary when using with suppressed rifle? Is there a preferred model?

Thank!
a remote trigger saved me a lot of frustration.... often couldn't get unit to trigger reliably before buying one... I bought the "RAT", works wonderfully... but there are others that do the same thing....

get an external USB battery pac.... get an SD card (be prepared to try many as units are finnicky about which cards it uses)..

the optional padded cary case is good to have too...

Read Owners Manual, cover to cover, 5 times.... don't ever let the wind blow over your unit, never ever drop it....

then, go have fun....

External USB battery pack with a quality cable.
2x good SD cards (Murphy says one will fail or you'll hit ~100 series or too many shots and it won't stay connected on bluetooth).
Both of these can be bought direct from LabRadar.

The quad pod base that LabRadar sells directly, allows precise aiming position, usable on the bench or ground or above for nasty brakes with conduit.

GreyOps arca base.

Piet recoil trigger, the new one has a magnet which makes attaching it even more flexible.

MK Machining sight or pic rail.
Hot gluing a roll pin or piece of tubing works as well, but may as well go all in.

Just ordered the Grey Ops Arca, thanks for the tip!

The Arko mount is nice too.

789D741D-4FFA-40AB-B9E4-5623A066203A.jpeg

Reactions: 6.5SH
Also forgot a nifty piece of software for the reloaders that is donationware from @mc10

Reactions: mc10 and NiteQwill
I like the external mic they sell. Really works well with 22lr and suppressed rifles.
I have the mic and it does work well if using a suppressor, BUT if you're at a range with others firing unsuppressed it will trigger when they fire. This makes it virtually unusable in that circumstance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6.5SH
i cut a 1 sqft piece of 3/4 melamine board and epoxied in a bolt and just screw the labradar onto it as a base for benches and prone. cheap but nice and heavy/sturdy. repurposed a backpack to carry the unit, base, external battery pack, etc.

The phone app using bluetooth works great. Will III and I both use it and it fires our Labradar seamlessly and error free.

While I still can't get my iPhone to hookup to my unit I am very pleased overall. The bag is great and a USB battery pack is a must. Like mentioned above a good cable helps as well as good SD CARDS. PREVIOUSLY I used an Oehler 35P and before moving on had the opportunity to run the units not only side by side but also with another Labradar unit and a Magneto Speed. The maximum difference seen on any single shot was 3 ft/sec!

@6.5SH really hit everything you need with a LabRadar. It’s like the essentials list.

I think pretty much everything needed has been listed here. I personally prefer to run mine using a cheap Android tablet and the flat base instead since I can get it more inline with the muzzle. I also run mine with the SD card in place and save all my data to my PC with very detailed file names (ex. all load data) so I can go back to it at anytime.

One of the things I like the most about the LabRadar, is that it tracks most of my bullets out to 100 yards so you can get an idea of what's going on with the BC. When I first got it, I adjusted the G1 BC on my 6.5 Creed 142 Sierra load so the velocities matched what the LabRadar was saying to the strelok app I was using at the time. My buddy thought it would never work but I went 1 for 1 on all steel targets out to 1000 where I was only .2 mils low. Mind you, that was just me messing around at the range and I was quite honestly impressed that it worked.

Reactions: Uahtrapper
We run the 4 leg arko base linked above as well as an inertia trigger.

Zero need to finely tweak the aiming or microphones. Put it around the muzzle and point at target. The trigger works perfect and almost never misses a shot.

At times you will bump the rifle and get a reading that’s always much slower than the bullet velocity. You just delete that and keep going.

External USB battery pack with a quality cable.
2x good SD cards (Murphy says one will fail or you'll hit ~100 series or too many shots and it won't stay connected on bluetooth).
Both of these can be bought direct from LabRadar.

The quad pod base that LabRadar sells directly, allows precise aiming position, usable on the bench or ground or above for nasty brakes with conduit.

GreyOps arca base.

Piet recoil trigger, the new one has a magnet which makes attaching it even more flexible.

MK Machining sight or pic rail.
Hot gluing a roll pin or piece of tubing works as well, but may as well go all in.
Quad pod is better for bench use than their Bench and tripod all purpose mount? Thanks!

Quad pod is better for bench use than their Bench and tripod all purpose mount? Thanks!

We have the bench plate and their tripod.

This stand is far better than either. And if we need it mounted in any other way, we use the RRS 24L tripod.

The arko works well if shooting from a bench and the target is at the same height.
Unless you add a small ballhead to it your aiming is limited to left-right only. It's a niche item.
(The one exception on vertical aiming is if prone on soft ground and using their spikes, but hardly precise.)

If buying ONE mount (or your first), the Quad pod is the most flexible.
Its main forte is with legs sectioned from PVC conduit and used to position the radar above nasty brakes.
It also works great from the bench or next to you prone. Unlike the arko it can be aimed when shooting uphill or downhill.

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
The arko works well if shooting from a bench and the target is at the same height.
Unless you add a small ballhead to it your aiming is limited to left-right only. It's a niche item.
(The one exception on vertical aiming is if prone on soft ground and using their spikes, but hardly precise.)

If buying ONE mount (or your first), the Quad pod is the most flexible.
Its main forte is with legs sectioned from PVC conduit and used to position the radar above nasty brakes.
It also works great from the bench or next to you prone. Unlike the arko it can be aimed when shooting uphill or downhill.
Ah yeah, inexpensive ball head is what I use on my Arkco …don’t see a problem w that personally.

So I updated both firmware and downloaded the currently available app for my iphone. Finally got connectivity,

It will be a week until I can test it as SHOT show will require my presence.