• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Labradar Blue Tooth app is out

Is the app already available on the appstores? The 1.2.0 firmware is for the labradar itself to manage BT connection. I can't see the app on the eu apple store tho

Android only right now. Facebook says iOS coming soon. Let’s hope it not as long as the app took just to come out.

Reactions: gnatmm
Uploaded the new firmware, only have ios devices. 3D printed one of the aimers from Thingiverse and we'll see how well it goes tomorrow.

Reactions: Skunkworx
Got an e-mail from Labradar saying IOS app should be on the app store in the 'next few days'. Not holding my breath..

I have both devices -- so ran it on the Android..

Wow, it is so much faster and easier to control. The menus are easily accessed and is arming and disarming.... Only wish I had this when it was released..

BTW don't try to pair the device the normal way, just open the app with the Labradar on and in range.

App working pretty solid on Android. Hopefully they add the ability to rename strings or add notes. Also exporting the data to Google drive or just the phone would be awesome.

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
I’m kind of stumped. Installed the app on my phone and all seems well except that the velocity data on my phone display appears as meters/sec as opposed to feet/sec. Settings are correct for feet/sec on the Labradar but I can’t find a settings / setup screen on the new phone app.

I was using it today, worked fine mostly, had it twice lose connection with the labradar unit and had to kill the app and restart it because it just would not see the unit.
This happened when the phone was awakened and had to log into the phone.

Loaded the new firmware and downloaded the app. App works great, easy to review data and change all the settings on the Labradar itself. Faster than going through the menus on the Labradar itself and no appreciable lag between the Labradar and the app.

However, the phone app doesn't pop up a warning for a false trigger or if it can't track a shot, and also can't acknowledge/reset the "Projectile Could not be Tracked" error, so you still have to reach up and press the physical enter button to clear the error message and continue.

The manual reset for that error message is my main gripe about the Labradar. I spoke to them last year about making sure the phone app could acknowledge that error message. I also suggested to make that error message on a self-resetting timer-- say 5 seconds, just a screen popup to let you know it missed a shot, then it clears itself.

Maybe in the next version...

Last edited:
Loaded the new firmware and downloaded the app. App works great, easy to review data and change all the settings on the Labradar itself. Faster than going through the menus on the Labradar itself and no appreciable lag between the Labradar and the app.

However, the phone app doesn't pop up a warning for a false trigger or if it can't track a shot, and also can't acknowledge/reset the "Projectile Could not be Tracked" error, so you still have to reach up and press the physical enter button to clear the error message and continue.

The manual reset for that error message is my main gripe about the Labradar. I spoke to them last year about making sure the phone app could acknowledge that error message. I also suggested to make that error message on a self-resetting timer-- say 5 seconds, just a screen popup to let you know it missed a shot, then it clears itself.

Maybe in the next version...

Im not so sure that is a good idea, if it cant track a shot and it auto resets you may never know it is missing shots.
I guess that could be a user selectable setting.

I used the labradar/app yesterday, 72 rounds it did not miss a beat but I did have it loose communication with the phone.
The phone app just could not see the labradar unit, had to stop the app and restart it and all was good.

Having trouble with mine, upgraded the Firmware without issue, downloaded the app ok but I keep getting a communication error when trying to connect to the unit via the app...It can see the unit fine when it searches to do the connection, it keeps coming up with communication error.

Last edited:
Having trouble with mine, upgraded the Firmware without issue, downloaded the app ok but I keep getting a communication error when trying to connect to the unit via the app...It can see the unit fine when it searches to do the connection, it keeps coming up with communication error.

yeah im running into the same thing right now, have not gotten through it yet

update....

Well the LabRadar does not like my Motorola Moto Force, connects to my Google tablet just fine.

That could be a possibility, but my Moto Force is a current phone and running the latest version of the Android OS.

I'm thinking it's more of a security issue, the app asks permission for location, but nothing about file access. Which then the phone could be booting the connection due to that.

iOS version seems good to go. Only problem I found is with my old eyes I need to turn my text size down in the phone settings to see the app correctly. First world problems.

This is going to be very useful, especially when shooting suppressed. I hated trying to reach the unit to change things.

Running on iOS. For some reason looses connection to unit after about 3 minutes have to keep reconnecting. Kind of annoying unless I am doing something wrong

update....

Well the LabRadar does not like my Motorola Moto Force, connects to my Google tablet just fine.
I had connection failures also. My Motorola is a Droid Turbo 2. That's way older than a Moto Force.

Anyways, I about gave up on the app until I tried manually pairing to Labradar in Bluetooth settings and launching the app at same time. It connected and since has connected using app only. Hopefully it will work for you too.

I had connection failures also. My Motorola is a Droid Turbo 2. That's way older than a Moto Force.

Anyways, I about gave up on the app until I tried manually pairing to Labradar in Bluetooth settings and launching the app at same time. It connected and since has connected using app only. Hopefully it will work for you too.
I'll try that, that's a pain the ass, but if it works for now!

Running on iOS. For some reason looses connection to unit after about 3 minutes have to keep reconnecting. Kind of annoying unless I am doing something wrong
Same problem here. I've run the app on 2 iPhones and 1 samsung s8. The s8 did pretty good overall, still would drop connection occasionally. Both iPhones have major connectivity issues after running the app for a couple minutes. Not sure what the deal is.

Same problem here. I've run the app on 2 iPhones and 1 samsung s8. The s8 did pretty good overall, still would drop connection occasionally. Both iPhones have major connectivity issues after running the app for a couple minutes. Not sure what the deal is.

Is your iOS software up to date? The app on my iPhone was also losing connection every few minutes but installing the latest update helped a lot.

Regarding connectivity: I’ve been building consumer products that use Bluetooth Low Energy for five years. I’ll share what I’ve learned here.

I’m pretty sure LabRadar’s using Bluetooth Low-Energy (aka Bluetooth Smart), because it’s the only way to connect to a device via an app in iOS. The only thing BLE has in common with the original Bluetooth is the name Bluetooth and using the 2.4GHz spectrum. Since the settings on most phones bundle both technologies, it furthers the sense that the two are the same thing.

Android didn’t support BLE until version 4.3 so if your phone OS is older than that, you won’t be able to use the app, and even then, not all devices from that time (~2013) had support for BLE in their radios. Furthermore, many Android phones have had real trouble with BLE long after that. It wasn’t until the 2017 Google phones that I saw BLE reliability and performance that was at Apple’s level. I’m not anti-Android, I’ve just collected data on the performance from hundreds of thousands of phones.

Killing and restarting the app can sometimes fix disconnection problems. Restarting Bluetooth on your phone will also help. Typically, when an app restart is required on iOS, it’s an app problem (although I haven’t found that to be the case on Android). If you have to restart Bluetooth from the phone’s settings, it’s a strong indicator of a problem with the BLE implementation on the phone. Later Samsung and Google phones are the best bet if you want reliable BLE connections.

Unrelated to connectivity, but important: BLE doesn’t use a LOT of power, but it does use some. You will see reduced battery life from using it.

Anyone tried it on an older iphone... like a 4s? I use an old 4s with ballistic software for rifle and a shot timer for pistol so I'm not taking my good phone out for that. Phone has no service, so have to update via wifi.. be nice to use it for the labradar too

My Labradar paired up right away. I hope I can get out this weekend and try it out.

Mine may have disconnected once, not sure I was shooting muzzle loader so it was on for a LONG time and I might have disconnected myself trying to learn to start new series. Worked good on my android

I tried the new firmware and I was still having connection issues. I deleted then reinstalled the app on my phone and now it seems to be working. Not sure what exactly fixed it, but I thought I'd share my experience for others.

Just got the firmware on the labradar and the app on my iPhone and iPad. Quick question - is there a way to allow it to rotate for holding the phone/iPad sideways? Probably not that useful for the phone, but I think it would be useful for the iPad.

Have latest firmware installed, the app won’t stay connected and now the LabRadar is acting weird. Unit will randomly shut off and getting lots of did not register shot results. Frustrating....

Looks like 1.2.2 version is out

Hmm I will have to try that. I had no problems connecting and such but it def glitched after a few shots. It would still read everything and report back but the error screen would come up after each shot like it didn't see them but when I checked my string of shots it had them all recorded. Weird deal maybe this latest firmware will fix it.

I used yesterday for first time and had poor results with app. It was connected for a few minutes but then disconnected and continually gave me "communication error" from the main screen when trying to reconnect. Tried rebooted radar 5 times, my Bluetooth 5+ times and also tried manual connection suggestion. Running a Pixel XL; will try with Note 4 and see if that works.

Any suggestions?

I'm a little late to the party on this but I just downloaded the new firmware and app and am getting the "Communication Error" that a lot of others have been seeing. Have you guys found a solid work around or way to get this turd to connect reliably?

I've got an Pixel XL (Android) for what it's worth.