• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Labradar Firmware V1.2.6

Evintos

Lurker
Minuteman
Sep 19, 2008
https://mylabradar.com/download/

New, I think. Disregard if outdated info. Dated Sept 9, 2021, but I don't remember seeing this firmware update back then.
1639414716887.png

Attachments

• Firmware-1.2.6.zip
    171.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
There is now a 1.2.7

Don't see a 1.2.6 and they say that 1.2.5 broke the Bluetooth to the app.

1641070530485.png

I'll be darned if I can find the install instructions on their site that was posted above by @Evintos

Yeah, some stuff in the basic manual, but not this level of detail. Wonder if this was a readme in the 1.2.6 which shown available anymore???

P.S. - yep, install instructions posted above were embedded in the 1.2.6 zip file linked above but no longer shown on the site and the 1.2.7 zip does NOT contain these instructions....because someone forgot to include it??? Its in the 1.2.5 zip also.

P.S.S. - just did the upgrade t0 1.2.7 and it was dead simple. I did the method of removing the SCAN Disk card from the Labradar and inserting it into my laptop where I had the zip file. Cleaned the existing LBR folder off of the card and extracted the two files to it, reinserted into the Labradar unit, powered up and within no more than a second it booted up and showed the firmware version as 1.2.7 on the opening screen.

My only other gripe is there are no release notes.....none, zip, zilch so we have no idea what bugs were fixed or features added (as a point release, I'm thinking bug fixes...especially them fucking up Bluetooth with 1.2.5).

Now I know that these guys make very high end professional doppler radar systems for industry/science that are far beyond what any shooter would want or could afford. But I sometimes think that this retail home model of theirs is supported by the interns and new grads and not the experts on the $100K+ systems haha

Cheers

Last edited:
Bluetooth for me has been fucked since I updated to 1.2.6. It worked perfectly fine with 1.2.4

I just did the update to 1.2.7 and Bluetooth is still fucked.

Reactions: waveslayer
Wow, awesome.

Waited a long time for an update and the BT still doesn't work. Unfucking believable.

• Sad
Reactions: Baron23
I use an old phone I had laying in my drawer, S6 I think? It has WAY more consistent Bluetooth connection than new phones. Im gonna try the new firmware and see if it's better worse same.

I use an old phone I had laying in my drawer, S6 I think? It has WAY more consistent Bluetooth connection than new phones. Im gonna try the new firmware and see if it's better worse same.
Yes please report back on what you find. I tried using a 6ish yr old tablet and could not get it to work.

Found this over on another forum and it actually worked to allow the BT connection to my Labradar. I had just about given up and was ready to trade this thing away. Interface on the actual unit kills me.

First posts details installing a bluetooth connection app. I did this and now have reliable connection on my Android.

Found this over on another forum and it actually worked to allow the BT connection to my Labradar. I had just about given up and was ready to trade this thing away. Interface on the actual unit kills me.

First posts details installing a bluetooth connection app. I did this and now have reliable connection on my Android.
I tried this and when I pressed on "connect" in the BLE scanner and it goes back to disconnected right away. Did you have this issue when you connected?

I tried this and when I pressed on "connect" in the BLE scanner and it goes back to disconnected right away. Did you have this issue when you connected?

I rebooted the phone, restarted the Labradar, and made sure I had firmware 1.2.7 (also how to in that thread). After that, no problems.

Reactions: rancher5
I am still running the 1.2.6 version. But I did notice one of the issues was everything else running. I turned off everything else, mobile data, removed anything else in blue tooth, turn off wifi. Just run bluetooth with labradar, nothing else and it works fine. I have a new tablet and phone, they work fine too if I turn everything else off. If I do not, every time I get a notification for email - whatever - it times out. I am using my old tablet now, the only things on it are labradar and strelok. I only run the wifi if I need to update strelok, otherwise the only thing on is bluetooth

I loaded 1.2.7 and was concerned as in this thread people said that it and the prior version broke BT.

Mine is working fine but its iOS and not Android. Never had issues with iOS.

I 'm retired now but worked as a Program Manager for telecom network infrastructure companies and as part of our offering of network equipment for our customers, we also developed apps that our customers could use to sell enhanced services to their customers.

Long and short of it is that Apple was a total PIA to get a app approved BUT their iOS is very locked down and predictable. Its always the same.

Android...well, easier to get approved but Android allows a lot move variation implementation from phone manf to phone manf. The end result is integration with Android is far more difficult to ensure on all platforms.

Cheers

I rebooted the phone, restarted the Labradar, and made sure I had firmware 1.2.7 (also how to in that thread). After that, no problems.
Rebooted phone, done. Restarted Labradar, done. 1.2.7. installed on Jan 2nd. No problem. Pretty much gave up with BT now.

Rebooted phone, done. Restarted Labradar, done. 1.2.7. installed on Jan 2nd. No problem. Pretty much gave up with BT now.
disregard. After turning off wifi and clicking on "connect" 12-18 times it finally worked. App does crash a lot but at least I have it connecting to the app now.

disregard. After turning off wifi and clicking on "connect" 12-18 times it finally worked. App does crash a lot but at least I have it connecting to the app now.
I would suggest turning off mobile data and clear the blue tooth memory and try again. It does not like to compete with other apps etc. Electronic devices will prioritize what they talk too. Labradar is always last lol. It worked for me.

They did finally update the changelogs.txt:

1.2.7 - December 27th, 2021

Bug Fixes and improvements:
- Fixed Bluetooth initialization
- Fixed mcu cristal initialization

1.2.6 - September 9th, 2021

Bug Fixes and improvements:
- Changed the inactivity max time when armed to 600sec like stated in the manual (from 300s)
- Fixed a bug that sometimes displayed a white screen when pressing delete without a shot in a serie
- Fixed a bug that triggered an acquisition when pressing "Create Series" while armed
- Fixed a bug that froze the screen when pressing the "Menu" button while in the "delete" or "create series" screen
- Fixed connection denial while armed
- Now ignore shot with v0 over 1500m/s
- Raised the delay between the crystal startup and the PLL

Reactions: Baron23
Anyone keep count on how long this took?

Seems like with the "Covid Supply Chain Issues" they figured out they should use their engineering skills to update the app.

Maybe they could smarten up and have... TWO models? One that's plastic, and one that is metal? Or maybe even a third model that JUST tells you FPS for less? We could expect it in 2032.

But... It could use some polish, but at least it's been working pretty well so far. I haven't had disconnection issues. I also haven't dealt with the dreaded error message that makes you have to break position and hit a button on the actual unit yet. THAT would be the real test of quality.

Anyone keep count on how long this took?

Seems like with the "Covid Supply Chain Issues" they figured out they should use their engineering skills to update the app.

Maybe they could smarten up and have... TWO models? One that's plastic, and one that is metal? Or maybe even a third model that JUST tells you FPS for less? We could expect it in 2032.

But... It could use some polish, but at least it's been working pretty well so far. I haven't had disconnection issues. I also haven't dealt with the dreaded error message that makes you have to break position and hit a button on the actual unit yet. THAT would be the real test of quality.
The first app was 2018, there were periodic user reports of LabRadar support saying they were working on fixes within 6 months. The rumors of entirely new app in the works were maybe 2 years ago.

AFAIK they didn't develop the app in house the first time, outside development is slow and expensive.

New app is freaking awesome compared to the old. Installed it on my new Samsung S20 which would NEVER connect before, and I had a completely trouble free range session with my new phone connected to labradar via Bluetooth. I did close every other app, and run on airplane mode. Only testing I've done thus far.

Reactions: John Glidewell
How do you update if your labradar doesn’t have an SD card? I opened my slot and one wasn’t there
A card is not provided with the unit, you will need to provide your own.

Ah got it! Sounds like I’m headed to the store
from Labradar FAQ

"The flashing blue light on your Labradar indicates the SD card is not compatible. It must be 32GB or less, SD or SDHC. Micro USB cards are not recommended."

Reactions: TSpork
I have updated the app on my android phone. Is the 1.2.7 update necessary to fix the BT issues or do i need to have 1.2.7 AND the updated app? Also, should i just update it to the 1.2.4 that has been provided above in this thread??

I have updated the app on my android phone. Is the 1.2.7 update necessary to fix the BT issues or do i need to have 1.2.7 AND the updated app? Also, should i just update it to the 1.2.4 that has been provided above in this thread??
Ideally you'd want to:
Update firmware to 1.2.7
Uninstall the Ver. 1.x phone app
Install the new phone app

If there are problems with your device connecting now and it had worked before, then flash back to 1.2.4

Reactions: BLKWLFK9