• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Labradar HELP

Jzone

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2008
I received my labradar. I went thru all the preferences and messing with it in my living. Why is it that when I arm the radar the light turns orange and then it starts blinking orange instead of staying solid orange and the screen says Acquisition error, could not tract the projectile. And then it records shots on it's own. Anyone experience this? It's a new radar. Maybe I got a faulty one.

I received my labradar. I went thru all the preferences and messing with it in my living. Why is it that when I arm the radar the light turns orange and then it starts blinking orange instead of staying solid orange and the screen says Acquisition error, could not tract the projectile. And then it records shots on it's own. Anyone experience this? It's a new radar. Maybe I got a faulty one.
make sure your battery is fully charged (get a battery pack). mine goes absolutely haywire (retriggering itself) when the battery is below 50% on my pack.

Reactions: themightytimmah
make sure your battery is fully charged (get a battery pack). mine goes absolutely haywire (retriggering itself) when the battery is below 50% on my pack.
I actually have the cord that came with the radar plugged into my outlet. I also used a pack but only with 50%. It's going crazy.

If you are using a recoil trigger or the airgun trigger and setting it off with walls etc. close it will give an error like that.

Why is it that when I arm the radar the light turns orange and then it starts blinking orange instead of staying solid orange
Screen Shot 2023-08-01 at 7.33.02 AM.png

I actually have the cord that came with the radar plugged into my outlet. I also used a pack but only with 50%. It's going crazy.
As I understand it, you have a micro USB-to-standard USB cable (supplied with unit), plugged into a USB-to-AC (115V wall outlet) adapter? This could be giving you the wrong voltage to the unit. There have been some problems even with some aftermarket batteries not working with the unit because the voltage wasn't regulated closely enough. The safest bet when using their supplied USB cable for power is to use it with one of their batteries. Some aftermarket ones work fine, others have not.

Also, as noted in Post #5, the arm-time is programable, and the orange light will begin to flash to let you know that the unit is about to go from Armed back into Standby in 10 seconds. Check to see how long yours is set to stay Armed.

Note that while they are the best commercially available chronograph, Labradars are also finicky, giant pieces of shit.

Do your projectile / gun settings match what you’re shooting? And is it aimed spot on? Small misses in either of those categories will lead to all kinds of acquisition errors.

Also, not sure if you have a private range, but it will pick up other people’s gunshots and trigger all of the time at public ranges. You’ll definitely want a Piet recoil trigger if you regularly shoot suppressed or at public ranges.