• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Labradar not working with supressor

Forward543

Dude
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Idaho
Went and bought a labradar. It is not picking up supressed shots, while prone, with the muzzle in front of the device and beside it.Anybody have a fix for this. I tried changing sensitivity. Any experience would be great.
thanks

Switch from Trigger to Doppler in Trigger Source.

3" back behind the unit, and 3" to the side.. if that doesn't work, then you need either the archery or airgun trigger. My 308 and 223 with a SiCo Omega need the trigger, and you still have to watch where you put the barrel. Once you figure it out though it's golden. Leave sensitivity on 1..

3" back behind the unit, and 3" to the side.. if that doesn't work, then you need either the archery or airgun trigger. My 308 and 223 with a SiCo Omega need the trigger, and you still have to watch where you put the barrel. Once you figure it out though it's golden. Leave sensitivity on 1..
This, a friend of mine has one and he had to get the archery trigger for it to pick up suppressed shots consistently.

Can you post a picture of how you can position the archery trigger while using the LR?

The airgun trigger has a bracket that attaches to the LR.. I don't have the archery trigger, so can't post a pic, but it looks like it has a clamp on it.. so you'd have to find something to clamp it to and put it 3" in front of, and 3" over from the suppressor. LR could be placed as if shooting a rifle without a can.. and you shouldn't need to go to doppler, it should work on trigger..

Last edited:
I use the mic, put the mic on most sensitive setting, and then put the unit two feet in front of the muzzle and 6" to the side. Took some dicking around, but it now works with a can every time - unless you have other non-suppressed shooters on the line with you, then this setup will pick up their shots....

I use the air gun mic for my suppressed .22 and it picks the shots up. If it's set too sensitive it will pick up neighboring loud guns but if set right doesn't pick up many stray readings.

Called them. They said move the unit 6" to the side and 6" in front. I did this, now it reads like a champ.

I forgot when I shot 300 blackout suppressed to switch the LR over to "handgun" mode because I was shooting subsonics. If that's the case - that'll do it.