• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Labradar tripod

Klemm

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2013
Looking for a tripod for my lab radar. I will using it in the prone and on the bench anybody have any suggestions

I made my own similar to the flat plate mount Labradar sells. Piece of plywood, and a ball mount. Works fine, but honestly I about paid as much for the ball mount as the Labradar plate, so may as well just get that.

For prone and bench shooting, the plate offered by lab radar works just fine. A tripod is just going to make the unit more "tippy" IMO & increase the chances of an accident. Set up next to the rifle on the plate, it's very easy to manipulate the buttons, if it was higher it would be more difficult. The plate has worked really well for me in several different field and square range situations.

For the customers that have called me about Labradar on a tripod I have pushed them to our TP-243, PCLR, and BQDS plate, haven't heard any issues with this system tipping. You could get even fancier with a TVC-32G carbon fiber tripod but it might be a little overkill.

You could switch out the PCLR (3rd photo for one of our cheaper clamps, you'll only lose the ability to pan 360deg.

I am pretty sure Frank Lowlight has used this setup, he may be able to put in his experience since I do not have a Labradar.

TP-243-SOAR-ground-level-tripod.main-1.png?resizeid=6&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000.pngBQDS-Plate-for-Quick-Detach-Strap-Swivel.main-4.png?resizeid=6&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000.pngPC-LR-Round-lever-release-panning-clamp.main-1.png?resizeid=6&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000.png

I've used my DIY plate on the ground. Works fine. Granted, ground is flat.

But I will use a regular tripod for bench shooting as needed since it gives me the ability to reposition the Labradar out of the way of the muzzle brake ports/gas.

There is a guy on accurate shooter in the for sale section that sells folding metal bases that are way more stable than the plastic base. I think when I got it I paid around 100.

SLIK sprint pro . Works everywhere from prone to standing . I usually
have a spotter / RF on my Feisol so the Labradar gets the cheap tripod .

For prone and bench shooting, the plate offered by lab radar works just fine. A tripod is just going to make the unit more "tippy" IMO & increase the chances of an accident. Set up next to the rifle on the plate, it's very easy to manipulate the buttons, if it was higher it would be more difficult. The plate has worked really well for me in several different field and square range situations.

Agreed