• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Lack of left hand 22LR options

Kane0519

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
Canada
So, I’ve been shooting my Savage mkII GL for a long time now, but I want something more refined and accurate for the matches I’m now shooting (without going full custom or to an Annie). I’ve looked high & low but the only option between entry level & premium is the uber rare CZ 452 American LH. (Before anyone posts links of some for sale, I’m in Canada)

If you flip through some of the rimfire photo thread from +5 years ago, it was all Savage, CZ, & 10/22’s. With the explosion of precision 22LR matches in the last few years we’re seeing some new, exciting models come out (Ruger, Tikka, etc). However, nothing new offered for the south paws.

Are there any rumblings out there of a mid-priced left hand 22 coming down the pipeline or is the lay of the land going to remain the same for a while yet?

Didn’t know Tikka was coming out with a LH T1X - that’s good news.

Any news about a LH CZ457? I have 3 LH 452 Americans (including the one I recently got from the classifieds here) in .22 & .17. I see the LH’s pop up for sale fairly often (maybe not in Canada though) so didn’t realize them being uber rare. For the money it’s hard to beat a CZ ...

I don’t believe Tikka is going anything left handed. At least, not that I’ve heard.

CZ 452 LH are still produced but in limited runs & very few make it to Canada. I’ve searched intermitantly for a while & have yet to find one for sale.

Fanninland, any way you'd sell one of those lefty 452's in 22lr?

Afraid not - since each one checks a different box for me (shorty suppressor host and unmolested classic rimfire b/a) I’d prefer to hang on to both. If I hear of one for sale I’ll certainly let you know. ...

Screenshot_20190721-163715_Drive.jpg

@Kane0519 official word from Tikka

That’s great news!!

The only disappointing part is last week I finally tracked down a 452 American LH. Haven’t even had a chance to more than pull it out of the box yet. However, with the addition chassis & stock options with the Tikka… well suddenly I go from no options to 2!

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
That’s great news!!

The only disappointing part is last week I finally tracked down a 452 American LH. Haven’t even had a chance to more than pull it out of the box yet. However, with the addition chassis & stock options with the Tikka… well suddenly I go from no options to 2!

If you decide to get rid of the CZ, please let me know!

Ya now I feel caught in that dilemma (CZ vs Tikka). Dang! This is how right handed guys must fee all the time with options! The advantage I see to the Tikka is the chassis options are plentiful, whereas the 452 only has the MDT (which I don’t like the ascetics of).

Plumminfool, your profile places you in Georgia whereas I’m in Canada, so while possible, that might be tricky. I’ll let you know if I decide to sell.

Reactions: Plumminfool
Vudoo has them.......

I do want a 17 T1X though. Hopefully next year we will see them.

Ya now I feel caught in that dilemma (CZ vs Tikka). Dang! This is how right handed guys must fee all the time with options! The advantage I see to the Tikka is the chassis options are plentiful, whereas the 452 only has the MDT (which I don’t like the ascetics of)

I was looking at aftermarket stock options for my 452LH and all I could find was the Boyd’s Tacticool...checked MDT’s website on the LSS for a 452 but it shows RH only.....maybe I am missing something? More LH options would sure be nice

I think how Magpul did their new 700 chassis was very smart. One screw & the action goes from RH to LH. It’s a very simple design that other manufacturers should replicate.

I think how Magpul did their new 700 chassis was very smart. One screw & the action goes from RH to LH. It’s a very simple design that other manufacturers should replicate.

I purchased the Magpul chassis for just that reason. Left handed stuff usually is hard to sell, but that Magpul chassis can be either, genius!

Tag as I would like to find a better stock for my CZ. I also want to get my CZ threaded for a suppressor.

Where did you see this post? It says they’ll be releasing these this year.
It was released from Tikka, and releasing the year typical means available to the general public the next year. Just like the 16.5" barrel T1X. I'm waiting for a couple of those for the kids. But I might lose my pacience and get the 20" and get to cutting and threading.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Yes, but I’ve currently got a Savage GL & I want more of a step-up than another Savage.

I have a BTVLSS with a Rifle Basix trigger and it shoots very well. Not as well as My 52 target rifles but better than my Miroku 52 at well under half the price.