• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaCrosse Alphaburly Boots

PinesAndProjectiles

Formerly MinnesotaMulisha
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2013
    Solid Ground
    Anybody used them? Is there something better?

I need a chore/ice fishing boot that I can run all winter long but I want something that slips on, similar to Muck.

Umm, Muck? Just kidding.
    I used the alpha burly for many years. Tried the Irish Setter boots and liked them very well. About the same as the alpha's.
    Since changing to the Muck boots I will stick with them.
    Anybody used them? Is there something better?

I need a chore/ice fishing boot that I can run all winter long but I want something that slips on, similar to Muck.

I like them except for the heel slop. If I know I'm walking far in them, I have to pre treat my heels with tape or moleskin. They seem to be made better than my last ones which were Mucks.

If they are worse now than they were in 2015, then they must be real bad. I only had about 50 user days on mine when the tops started blowing out at the seams. Have had the lacrosse for the last few years and they are fine. Don't put a ton of days on them a year but they have more than 50 for sure.

Very happy with mine. I was using a set of Schnee's before and haven't touched them since buying the Alphas. I've got an uninsulated set and a set with extra insulation for colder season. Walked miles in them without any issue. Keep my feet dry and warm.

The heel slop is absolutely not a boot problem. Its a personal problem that may or may not affect you.

I have one pair of "muck" boots for working with cows that I wear daily, and and two other pairs for hunting (snake proof and cold weather). I wear my hunting pairs 2-3x per week, and put 2-3 miles on them each time I'm out. I much prefer the slip on style of boot.

For three years I used LaCrosse exclusively.

I've never had a pair of LaCrosse last longer than a year. Usually it is a separation somewhere at the heel that let's water in. Their thinsulate models usually start losing the liner somewhere around the 3rd month.

Switched to Dryshod this year. No issues *so far*, but it is still too early to tell. They are less expensive than LaCrosse, so if they only hold up as long ill consider them a win.