• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Laid my nephew to rest today.

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
My heart is broken. We laid my 10 month old nephew to rest to day. He fought for every breath he took. In the 10 months that Ethan was with us, he made a difference in everybody's life. He was everybody's little buddy. Seeing him smile always made me feel better no matter what was going on. Ethan Harrison McCullin, you made the world a better place. I miss you buddy.
Uncle Kevin
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1862954#Post1862954

Re: Laid my nephew to rest today.

That's terrible. Very sorry for your loss.

Best wishes.

There is nothing worse than loosing a child.
Prayers sent.

I am very sorry to hear of your great loss my prayers for you and family.

Terry

I am sorry for your loss, Anytime a young one passes away it tears at my heart strings. Prayers to you and your family.

Dang Kevin sorry for everyone on your end, we will say a prayer for him, and all of you as well.

My condolences to you and your family, The little guy sure looked truely happy in those pictures, those are the memories to hold onto.

I am sorry for you and your family's.i will pray that in time you will cope with, Ether is not with us but his spirit will always. He was a fighter. Regards crow hop

This is terrible news. I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss. Rest in peace Ethan.

Prayer inbound, Such a bad thing loosing a child. Makes me go hug mine. Sorry to hear this.

Sorry for your loss, losing a little one has to be the most difficult to deal with. I will be praying for you and your family.

Hope your grief can be lessened by knowing that he is in a better place. My condolences.

My heart goes out to you and my prayers are with you.

Condolences for certain. Sorry for your loss
frown.gif

When my daughter was in childrens hospital for heart surgery I saw another child pass - probably the most sad thing I've ever seen. The parents, what could I say, nothing, gave them a hug.

Sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family. Ethan is in a better place now, his mother and father are who needs the help at this moment. I just burried my father and it was almost too much to bear, losing a child would probably ruin me. Make sure you give your brother and wife a hug for me, tell them its from a stranger who cares. God bless your family.

Don't know what to say,prayers on the way for you and his parents.Please know that Ethan is in a better place. Pete

I want to do something to help the family out - having read the other link with the raffle, I'm teared up like I haven't been in a hell long time.

Lets get some cash together and help the family out.

I'm sorry KM for your loss, again - do not hesitate if we can do something - be happy to help out.

Before we are born we have no understanding of this world. We emerge in a new place and begin our lives here with no memory of the past. Think of his death the same way: Perhaps he has emerged somewhere else, to begin his life there anew with no memory of the past.

Wherever he is he's not sick and not in pain. Call it an afterlife; a re-birth; whatever your religion tells you it is - what really happens does not matter. We don't understand what happens, we don't know why it happens and we never will.

Your only choice is do your best to look after those who are still here. You becoming closer to others because of this will be one of his gifts to the world he left behind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want to do something to help the family out - having read the other link with the raffle, I'm teared up like I haven't been in a hell long time.

Lets get some cash together and help the family out.

I'm sorry KM for your loss, again - do not hesitate if we can do something - be happy to help out.</div></div>

+1000 on what Artic typed. My eyes are kinda leaking now. I've worked around the NICU for too long and seen too much.

I had been thinking about little Ethan for several days prior to this terrible news and have thought about him even more since the news was posted.

I have often cursed myself for my complaining about the dings and aches that I have accrued over my 51 years, especially whenever I see a young man or woman carrying the scars of battle that make my own injuries seem trivial.
That tiny little boy made me feel it even more and I see myself invoking his memory whenever my "I can't hack it" mode starts to rear it's ugly head.

I am very sorry he didn't overcome his trials here on this earth and profoundly believe that his being here served a purpose. Again I say thank you for sharing his life with us. Please let us know what we can do to help Ethan's Mom and Dad with their financial burden.

And I hope you take care of yourself as well Kevin as I know my own daughters, nephews, nieces and cousins are as dear to me as Ethan is to you.

You are as fine an Uncle as God ever made!

Thanks for the prayers, thoughts, help & offers to help from all of you. I don't know any of you. I've only talked to Queequeg & TBurkes briefly on the phone. I'll ask my brother & his wife what they need. I haven't asked about bills, I didn't want to know. I'm still going though with the raffle & we are also doing a benefit hunting rifle match for them at Long Range Alley in Grand Cane, LA. We don't have any prizes, just bragging rights to the winners, but I don't think anybody will care. Thanks again for helping total strangers. God bless all of you!!!!
Kevin

Sorry for your loss, prayers sent.

The worst loss of all. So very sorry to hear this. Do the parents need help with any medical bills?

That is terrible news. I am so very sorry for your families loss.

Prayers and thoughts heading your way from our family to yours.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Thanks again for helping total strangers.
Kevin </div></div>

We're not TOTAL strangers, we're part of a shooting family-community...

People have helped me, I've helped people, it's what we do.

I'll get some of those raffle tickets coming - you may see some from strangers as I'm going to do something on base for you....

Very sorry for your loss, prayers sent for you and your family. He's in a better place now.

I talked to my brother today. We may have enough to cover their expenses with the the raffle and the match. He said right now the main thing they need is prayers. I'll find out if they need more financial help.