• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lake City 7.62 Long Range Brass

RoosterShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Kentucky
Is anyone here using Lake City's 7.62 LR '09 Brass? I have close to 2k brass in this headstamp, and need to work some loads up for it. Is it good brass? A buddy of mine traded it with me for some 5.7x28mm brass I had. These are all once fired and are from a Crane lot auction.

Re: Lake City 7.62 Long Range Brass

I haven't shot the 09 brass but the rest is all good. Shoot and enjoy.

Oh, I'm supposed to say it is so bad that you shouldn't shoot it. Send it to me and I'll take care of it for you. I'm such a nice guy I'll even pay shipping.
smile.gif

I have a bunch of 08 and it's great brass. Weighs Within 2 grns of Lapua brass
so my load was spot on!

I have 7 gallons of the 05 brass all the same lot, different sublot, and it is great brass. One of the greatest things is it is not crimped. & gallons will probably last me a lifetime as I do not shoot .308 all that much.

wade

Keep in mind that the case capacity is a little lower than a normal .308 cartridge, so lower your loads by a couple grains from stock .308 loads.

All of the 118 LR brass is good stuff for reloading.