• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Land around fort benning to hunt pigs at night?

jeffl838

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Used to hunt on a buddy’s lease but there are some issues with the property. Looking for other spots. Any advice? Have night vision have guns will travel.

Last edited:
I assume you do not mean for a paid hunt, but there are tons of pay places near ft benning
http://southernhogcontrol.net
Also quite a few WMA's nearby, but seasons are limited on the WMA's
https://www.gon.com/hunting/top-3-wmas-for-february-wild-hog-hunting
Paying is an option, just wouldn’t be able to go as often or as on a whim, as we usually did.

ill look into wma too! Looks like you can’t go out at night though. Not that day hunting sucks, but I work all day and like to go out in the evenings.

If you go a little further south towards Georgetown (leesburg would be better) there are lots of peanut farmers that would be willing to let you hunt

If you go a little further south towards Georgetown (leesburg would be better) there are lots of peanut farmers that would be willing to let you hunt
You got any advice on how to reach out? Just cold call yellow page numbers? Don’t want to offend anyone

I always felt I had a better chance of getting permission when I asked in person. I had a good bit of family in that area years ago (most have passed now) and most of the farmers knew each other so it was easy. I haven't hunted down that way in probably 15 years, so I don't have any direction to point you in.
I would start with a specific county and look up that county tax gis map and get a landowner and go ask in person.

I always felt I had a better chance of getting permission when I asked in person. I had a good bit of family in that area years ago (most have passed now) and most of the farmers knew each other so it was easy. I haven't hunted down that way in probably 15 years, so I don't have any direction to point you in.
I would start with a specific county and look up that county tax gis map and get a landowner and go ask in person.
Thanks for the tip, we'll give that a shot for sure.