I am getting tired of editing this stuff and removing these posts...
The time off the site is going to be increasing if this keeps up.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you register with the site you are required to accept the board rules of conduct... Since there has been a question regarding these rules I have modified and will post them here for everyone to read and adhere to:
In order to keep these forums enjoyable and interesting for all of our users, we ask simply that you follow these minimal rules. By participating in the Sniper’s Hide Forums, you are consenting to these rules. Violators may be warned, suspended from posting, or barred from the forums at the sole discretion of the Sniper’s Hide Administration and its Moderators.
1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be subject to disciplinary actions, including but not limited to banishment from the site.
2. Do not post off-topic. Please keep your comments consistent with the subject and purpose of the conversation thread. Deliberate disruption -- such as consistent off-topic commentary -- will not be tolerated and may result in posts being removed. Failure to heed warnings may lead to banishment.
Inappropriate content will be removed without notice. Do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, of an explicit graphic sexual nature, racist, hateful, threatening, or otherwise volatile of any laws. Please use good judgment when choosing user names, avatars, or images to post, and do not attempt to bypass the word filter. It is there for a reason.
3. Register using only one user name, and do not "flood" the board with posts that are off-topic. Creating multiple user accounts or flooding the board will be considered a denial-of-service attack on the forums and will result in disciplinary action. Sniper's Hide strictly forbids by the use of multiple accounts and has a system in place to identify such accounts. This includes making a multiple account simply because you lost or forgot your original user name or password. Multiple account users will be removed from the forum without warning.
4. Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. If you are unsure, put it in the Bear Pit, say you were not sure where it belonged, and someone will move it to the proper forum for you. Sniper’s Hide reserves the right to move, or remove any post it deems unacceptable at any time.
5. Posted images should be no larger than 800x600. Images that are larger than this will be converted to a link without notice. Remote avatars should be 100x100 or smaller (actual image size, not the image dimensions displayed after being converted by the forum), and no larger than 30KB file size. Larger avatars will be removed without notice. Uploaded avatars have a limit of 100x100 and 10KB. If you want help creating an avatar or resizing images, post a question on the forum asking for help. There are several members who will be happy to assist you.
6. Political discussion not directly related to firearms and shooting related issues are prohibited, as is any discussion on religion and religious matters. The posting of political or religious material will be deemed disruptive and maybe result in disciplinary action without notice or warning. Sniper's Hide has zero tolerance for political posts of any kind. Whether under guise of a political joke, or a blatant propaganda piece, no political posts means, no political posts, period.
7. No all-caps (FOR EXAMPLE, LIKE THIS) please. It is extremely hard to read. Posts submitted in all-caps will be deleted automatically.
8. No posting of links advertising off site sales of any kind without expressed permission from the board or one of its moderators.
9. No Commercial postings by any business without first subscribing to the site's rules regarding Commercial Sales. Any business found violating this will be removed along with any and all posts. Businesses are required to meet the minimum requirements to post advertisements of their products and services. Sniper's Hide LLC derives an income from the advertisers fees, attempting to use the site for business is strictly forbidden without paying an advertiser fee to the site.
10. No post of an illegal nature, to included illegally altered weapons, or discussion of animals hunted out of season, or in a manner not consistent with local laws. Any member posting anything deemed questionable will have their account locked and any identify information maybe turned over to the appropriate authorities by request. Sniper's Hide supports all State and Federal Laws and will assist Law Enforcement if requested.
Sniper's Hide Group Shot Policy v2 2010
In an effort to increase awareness and increase proficiency in shooting, Sniper's Hide is modifying its group shot policy from this point forward. It is every members responsibility to understand and follow this policy in order to make the site a better place. This is not meant as an attack on anyone or any company based on their accuracy standards, merely a way to help each of us be a better shooter.
From this day forward I am deleting any 3 shot groups, and especially any groups that are groups within a group.
So here are the revised rules for posting groups on Sniper's Hide.
1. You must show the Entire target unedited.
2. Inside 300 yards you must post at least (4) 5 shot groups that can be identified on target or you may post (1) 10 shot group for record. I will also accept (6) 3 shot groups on the same paper or target.
3. Anything beyond 300 yards a minimum of 5 shots is required. Please note Rule #1 about the unedited target.
4. The group shot rules can be bypassed with a target using 10 or more 1/2" dots with one individual round on each dot for a minimum of 10 shots. You can download the Sniper's Hide Dot Drill Target from this site to use in place of showing a group that does not meet the above criteria. You can also show a group containing less than required if you have it as part of a video showing you actually shooting the group.
5. Shots on steel can only be used for demonstration purposes and not as part of an exhibition of group shooting. These images must be in conjunction with rifles, optics, etc... they cannot be standalone.
6. Groups shots must be within 2 MOA of the aiming point, otherwise I consider the shots a miss.
This is my effort to help everyone strive to be a better shooter and to shun mediocrity. At Sniper's Hide we want to set the standard of what shooting good groups means, and we encourage those who are practicing to display their groups especially if you are working on improving your skills.
Any group currently posted on the site will be grandfathered in, however moving forward I ask the membership to be vigilant in enforcing the group shot rules and regulations. However this does not give any member license to be combative or argumentative with another member simply because they failed to adhere to the guidelines proposed. I do not want a thread destroyed from a member simply because they did not understand this policy. I think you'll thank me in the long run and we'll help raise the bar for everyone.
Rules for posting in the For Sale Section:
Sniper's Hide is not a sales based forum. We do not host this site in order for people to sell items to make a living. The for sale section is here for the benefit of contributing members. This site does not benefit from the for sale section, as no commission is charged for items listed.
You Must be a "Full" Contributing Member to post in the For Sale Section of this Site.
1. Minimum of 100 posts. You must contribute to this site in a positive manner. "LOL" does not count as a contribution to this site. Those attempting to pad their post count in order to meet the minimum post requirements will be banned from the site for no less than 30 days.
2. You must fill out your profile with a city, state, and email address in your profile.
To do this, your city and state goes in the "Geography" line.
The email we need to see is in the "Public Email Address" box.
If you do not meet this criteria you will be asked to correct it. If you do not correct it, your post will be removed. If it is still not corrected, you will be removed from the forum for no less than 3 days.
3. You are not allowed to post in the For Sale section until you have reached the minimum number of posts. (100) The forum software is set up to prevent you from being able to start a topic in this section for a reason. Attempting to circumvent this block by posting an ad selling something in another area of the forum will result in your immediate removal from the site. Your ad / post will be deleted and your account suspended.
Sniper's Hide does not check the validity of posts made in the For Sale Section, and bears no responsibly to ensure a smooth transaction. Users of the For Sale Section do so at their own risk. Any disputes or fraudulent transactions will result in one or both members being removed. Sniper's Hide also cooperates with any and all requests from Law Enforcement without hesitation to prosecute criminals attempting to use this board.
Snipershide.com and its moderators reserve the right to delete posts and/or whole conversations we determine are of an irrelevant, abusive or disruptive nature.
Disciplinary actions are up to the sole discretion of Sniper’s Hide and its moderators, each offense will be taken as a separate incident or maybe compounded with incidents of the past resulting in harsher penalties including prolonged banishment from the site.
Anyone attempting to circumvent the disciplinary actions of the moderators maybe permanently removed from the board without warning or notice.
This is your community - let us or your fellow posters know if you feel things are getting off-topic or inappropriate.
You will be responsible for your own Communications and the consequences of posting or otherwise transmitting those Communications. Sniper's Hide, LLC. does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any material posted or otherwise transmitted by snipershide.com Web site users or endorse any opinions expressed by such users. Sniper's Hide, LLC does not screen, monitor or approve Communications from our Web site users in advance. If we receive notification about a user regarding Communications which allegedly do not conform to this Agreement, Sniper's Hide, LLC. has the right, but not the obligation, to investigate the allegations and determine in good faith and at its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the Communication. We have no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. Sniper's Hide, LLC. reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the snipershide.com Web site for violating this Agreement or violating the law. We have the right, but not the obligation, to remove Communications that are abusive, illegal, disrespectful, disruptive, or otherwise problematic.</div></div>