• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LANTAC AR-15 ONYX

14.5 intermediate is great, I like short dwell length.

You're paying a lot for some machining imo. If you like the way it looks, having a pinned dragon brake, etc go for it.

You could build a rifle with their barrel and bcg for much less.

You can actually build one of their SF15 (same barrel & has the e-bcg), with Geissele ssa-e, radian talon & raptor for $2160 on their website. It's basically the same thing minus some machining on the upper/lower.

I really wish they'd sell just that stripped upper because it's thermal fit and I'll admit, the esthetics make me happy. At some point, I'm going to buy the receiver set and sell off the lower. We only live once.

I really wish they'd sell just that stripped upper because it's thermal fit and I'll admit, the esthetics make me happy. At some point, I'm going to buy the receiver set and sell off the lower. We only live once.

you going buy the ONYX receiver set or the standard raven one ?
Another good thing about the ONYX receiver vs raven one, is that the ONYX comes with an ambi mag release and has a fence around it

you going buy the ONYX receiver set or the standard raven one ?
Another good thing about the ONYX receiver vs raven one, is that the ONYX comes with an ambi mag release and has a fence around it
ONYX. The UAR on the Raven set is available individually and I own a couple.

If the ONYX had an ambi bolt catch, I'd just build off the set.

ONYX. The UAR on the Raven set is available individually and I own a couple.

If the ONYX had an ambi bolt catch, I'd just build off the set.

How do you like the raven set ? upper / lower tightness etc ? I'm in two minds ; either the ONYX or the standard Raven

I have the Raven set on for an sbr. It's great no issues. Looking to build another Raven with a 16" barrel. Only thing is you need a VSeven ejection port cover. Only one that works with it.

As for the design of the ONYX (the milling of the mag well / lower ) does it look better / worse then the standard raven / AR design ?
Do you think the ONYX receiver sets offer any additional benefit (apart from looks) over the standard receiver sets?