• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

lapua 220 Grain .308 Scenar- L

RHunter

Sergeant
Banned !
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
All I can say is, its about F'n time they made these!

I picked up a box of 500 to give them a try, All I can say is, WOW, you most definitely will not be disappointed. Accuracy consistency is much better than my 230 hybrid and 220 SMK loads.

These new 220 grain Scenar-L's are an absolutely amazing bullet. I have not used any other bullet that has been able to provide the same level of shot to shot consistency as these new 220 grain Scenar-L's.

All I can say is, its about F'n time they made these!

I picked up a box of 500 to give them a try, All I can say is, WOW, you most definitely will not be disappointed. Accuracy consistency is much better than my 230 hybrid and 220 SMK loads.

These new 220 grain Scenar-L's are an absolutely amazing bullet. I have not used any other bullet that has been able to provide the same level of shot to shot consistency as these new 220 grain Scenar-L's.

I had similar results. They're amazing bullets, very consistent and very accurate. My 30-338 lapua project just didn't get me the velocity I needed for it to make sense, so I'm selling the 378 I have remaining.

Curious what you're shooting them out of?

Any load info? What rifle?

Not trying to be an ass or anything but my point of the thread is how impressive the consistency of these bullets are. Unless your particular rifle hates them, they should do great in anything that you can blast a 30 caliber, 220 grain bullet from. So far I have used them in a 300 WM and one of my match 30-06's that has a throat long enough for these.

My load data is not what makes these impressive as everyone's mileage will vary, I am shooting custom rifles so my data is useless for anyone else.

Their BC is not as high as the 200 grain+ Berger Hybrids, however they have produced tighter groups out of both rifles and that is a real plus. I have no problem sacrificing a bit of supersonic range for better accuracy any day as long as it is not too drastic. The BC of these is right at .600 which is still very respectable.

I have always liked and had good results with Lapua bullets with exception of their 185 Scenars... I just hardly ever used them because the heaviest they had in 30 cal that was worth a shit was the 175's... too light for my range expectations. I always used to bitch, why don't they make anything heavier... so when they started shipping these 220's I tried my best to be first in line. Now all they need to do is make a 200 grain and I'll really be happy.

At .50 cents each they are definitely a bigger spend than say.. a 208 grain Amax, but if you have a severe desire for a nice tight group and are a 300 Win Mag fan, you are going to love these things!!

I will find it very hard to go back to shooting my Berger Hybrids now that I know what these things can do.. Still love those Bergers though for reaching out, the Scenar-L's cant touch a Bergers legs...

Now we just need a bullet that has the BC of a 230 Grain Berger Hybrid and the accuracy of a Scenar-L.....

Reactions: Saracen
Not trying to be an ass or anything but my point of the thread is how impressive the consistency of these bullets are. Unless your particular rifle hates them, they should do great in anything that you can blast a 30 caliber, 220 grain bullet from. So far I have used them in a 300 WM and one of my match 30-06's that has a throat long enough for these.

My load data is not what makes these impressive as everyone's mileage will vary, I am shooting custom rifles so my data is useless for anyone else.

Their BC is not as high as the 200 grain+ Berger Hybrids, however they have produced tighter groups out of both rifles and that is a real plus. I have no problem sacrificing a bit of supersonic range for better accuracy any day as long as it is not too drastic. The BC of these is right at .600 which is still very respectable.

I have always liked and had good results with Lapua bullets with exception of their 185 Scenars... I just hardly ever used them because the heaviest they had in 30 cal that was worth a shit was the 175's... too light for my range expectations. I always used to bitch, why don't they make anything heavier... so when they started shipping these 220's I tried my best to be first in line. Now all they need to do is make a 200 grain and I'll really be happy.

At .50 cents each they are definitely a bigger spend than say.. a 208 grain Amax, but if you have a severe desire for a nice tight group and are a 300 Win Mag fan, you are going to love these things!!

I will find it very hard to go back to shooting my Berger Hybrids now that I know what these things can do.. Still love those Bergers though for reaching out, the Scenar-L's cant touch a Bergers legs...

Now we just need a bullet that has the BC of a 230 Grain Berger Hybrid and the accuracy of a Scenar-L.....

Have you tried the Berger 230 OTM or the 215 Hybrid?......Friends of mine that shoot them in their 300 mags love em, especially the 215s.

Reactions: Saracen