• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua 260 rem brass

GUNENTHUSIAST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
SE PA
Anyone hear any updates on Lapua 260 brass availability?
My rifle will be done in a couple weeks and I don't want to be waiting on brass!

Re: Lapua 260 rem brass

Thanks Hombre,

If they say June, it will most likely be July or August! LOL
Looks like I will have to get some other kind of brass to hold me over and do some load developing in the mean time.

Any Suggestions, I hear Norma is second best??

Nosler/Norma is the same. I've got nine loadings on one batch of Nosler .260 brass.

FWIW, the Nosler and Norma .260 brass is 6 to 8 grains heavier than Remington .260 brass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nosler/Norma is the same. </div></div>

Same than Lapua? Hmmm. If I may ask, where did you get this info?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nosler/Norma is the same. </div></div>

Same than Lapua? Hmmm. If I may ask, where did you get this info? </div></div>

He means he feels it is the same quality.

Josh

I personally have found the Nolser brass to be softer than Lapua. I would recommend using the Winchester 7mm-08 brass necked down for .260. It has held up way better than Nosler and is a definitely cheaper.

It is my understanding that Norna makes brass for Nosler. In my experience Norma is softer that Winchester and about the same as far as neck run out and weight consistency. It is not as tough as Winchester. Just my 2 cents worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nosler/Norma is the same. </div></div>

Same than Lapua? Hmmm. If I may ask, where did you get this info? </div></div>

Nosler is manufactured by Norma. Ask Jered Joplin..I tend to believe what he says..

I just got a phone call today saying that 260 Lapua brass that was on backorder was sent out today and should be here in 3-5 days
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

PGS:

Guess I was not clear. I was speaking to the Norma/Nosler relationship. Did not mention anything about Laupa. It is my understanding that Norma is making brass for Nosler. Norma and Weatherby have had this type of relationship for a number of years. Norma manufactors the brass but headstamps it Weatherby. Based on my experience with Laupa, I think the Laupa brass will be in a class by itself.

I have been shooting Remington Brass for about 2 years, and I really don't have anything bad to say about it. If you want to get that picky, you will have to weight sort it, but I just load it and shoot it, which is good for 0.5-1.0 MOA. Majority of my brass has at least 8-10 firings on it before I pitched it.

Sherri Gallagher won at Perry last year using the stuff, so it can't be that bad!
Sherri Gallagher Uses 260 To Win

I am sure I will be picking up some Lapua when it finally comes around, but I will not be giving up my Remington, especially for the matches where I will probably loose it over a course of fire.

Best of Luck,
M Richardson

Mine shipped today from Graf& Son's. Got 500 comming! Should be here by 5/6/11.
Sully

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 402</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine shipped today from Graf& Son's. Got 500 comming! Should be here by 5/6/11.
Sully </div></div>

Damn that's chunk of change!

All this talk of Lapua 260 Rem brass makes me wish I had a 260! The price of this stuff makes me think I could afford to shot lapua 308 brass and not sweat justifying it!

Yep,
I wanted all the same lot# and with the Lapua folks you never know when more will get here, this stuff will go fast. Lapua 243 brass works fine as well just neck up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tommy Two Dogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PGS:

Guess I was not clear. I was speaking to the Norma/Nosler relationship. Did not mention anything about Laupa. It is my understanding that Norma is making brass for Nosler. Norma and Weatherby have had this type of relationship for a number of years. Norma manufactors the brass but headstamps it Weatherby. Based on my experience with Laupa, I think the Laupa brass will be in a class by itself. </div></div>

I agree and am looking forward to getting in some Lapua .260 brass.

I use nosler brass for my .308, haven't justified the cost yet to use Lapua, but compared to my recent bags of winchester or remington it was a definite upgrade. Although i haven't put mine through it's paces such as PGS, i've only got about 3 loads on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use nosler brass for my .308, haven't justified the cost yet to use Lapua, but compared to my recent bags of winchester or remington it was a definite upgrade. Although i haven't put mine through it's paces such as PGS, i've only got about 3 loads on it.</div></div>

Current prices at Powder Valley:
Nosler 308-$39.62/50
Lapua 308-$64.53/100

I think it would be easy to justify using Lapua.

Hopefully the price of Lapua 260 will com down as supply catches up with demand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MitchinOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Current prices at Powder Valley:
Nosler 308-$39.62/50
Lapua 308-$64.53/100

I think it would be easy to justify using Lapua.

Hopefully the price of Lapua 260 will com down as supply catches up with demand.</div></div>

Prices have gone up since i last bought mine (over a year ago) at the time I got mine for around 28-30$ for a box, still your right. But i guess i always thought Lapua was going to be around a dollar a piece, kinda like norma.

I just placed an order from Graf's, yes they are in stock. Still waiting to hear from EABCO on my previous order.

Thanks for the Graf's tip! I ordered from them previously...very good service and speedy delivery,

Hopefully I got mine, but I am not holding my breath!

Bet that stuff is not going to last long!

Best Of Luck,
M Richardson

I heard from EABCO, they received part of their Lapua 260 brass order today and will receive their order balance first of next week. Don't know the amount they ordered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compact45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard from EABCO, they received part of their Lapua 260 brass order today and will receive their order balance first of next week. Don't know the amount they ordered. </div></div>

Yeah, EABCO told me mine should ship by the end of the week.

Ya, I should have ordered it from Graf's. I have had it on order from powder valley for 2 months now and no word yet.
Figures...

Glad to see this stuff hitting the shelves. I thought I'd be smart, make my own Lapua 260 several months ago. Rather than neck up 243, I necked down 308, since it's quite a bit cheaper. I neck turned them, but still did not have good results. You guys please be sure to report back just how much of an improvement it is over Remington brass. I've had no problems with the 308, would love to get the same results in the 260, but my 260 simply didn't like what I made. Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got mine today. </div></div>

How does it look?

200 cases shipped from EABCO yesterday. Should have by Tuesday at the latest. STOKED!!!

Here is an update on my Lapua .260 brass. I got in my first 200 cases from Graf&Son's. Weighed 100 cases and ranged from 171.8gr to 172.0gr, excellent. The bad news is I had to order a new reamer for my build because my prepped remmy brass and my necked up .243 Lapua brass measured .291 with a 139gr sceaner which was fine for my .294 chamber but this new .260 Lapua brass measures .0155 (ball mic) neck walls and when loaded with 139gr sceaners measures .295 which means a SAMMI chamber of .298.
I just got off the phone with Dave at PT&G and he has had other inquires about this same issue and didn't know why but now he does. This means that people that are running tight chambers for the above remmy/.243 Lapua or 7mm-08 will have to turn the new .260 brass or ream the neck section in their chambers. Just thought you would like to know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just measured Lapua case capacity. 54.32 grain's H20.</div></div>
Is that fire formed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 402</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark S</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just measured Lapua case capacity. 54.32 grain's H20.</div></div>
Is that fire formed? </div></div>

No, and done in a round about way. I did not have access to my scale used a syringe graduated in units converted to cc's then grains. Will check with scale tomorrow and confirm.

I checked this am virgin case weighed water added and reweighed, 54.1. Also checked neck run out on a few cases typical Lapua .0015-.002 as compared to new Win in 308 .004-.005. Anyone have capacity of virgin Rem, Nosler or formed Lapua 243, Win 7/08? etc?

Checked some virgin Lapua 308 necked down, 54.1 same as their 260 on my 2nd case weighed water added check.

Thanks for the heads up on neck dia. 402,i cant use it in either of my 260 without a rechamber or neck turning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 402</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here is an update on my Lapua .260 brass. I got in my first 200 cases from Graf&Son's. Weighed 100 cases and ranged from 171.8gr to 172.0gr, excellent. The bad news is I had to order a new reamer for my build because my prepped remmy brass and my necked up .243 Lapua brass measured .291 with a 139gr sceaner which was fine for my .294 chamber but this new .260 Lapua brass measures .0155 (ball mic) neck walls and when loaded with 139gr sceaners measures .295 which means a SAMMI chamber of .298.
</div></div>

Bummer, I just finished loading a few with 140 Berger's, same brass source Graf's lot # POO566701. Loaded rounds miked out .294. Waiting on the EO Sako run to see what they did.

Mark,
Just did volume check H2o on my Lot of 260 Lapua brass and also copared to my 243 necked up Lapua as well as my 260 Remmy.
260 Lapua: 54.1gr
243 Lapua: 53.6gr
260 Remmy: 54.3gr
All brass is virgin,
I will be getting a shipment tomorrow from EABCO and I will test as well. Did a closer check on wall thickness 260 Lapua and it's ranging .015 to .01525. This stuff looks really good as you would expect out of Lapua. I'm just glad I got this stuff in before I started on my chamber. I know people have had good luck with Remmy brass but 10% culls because of primer holes issues and then prep work I will be using this because of quality and less prep it's worth it for me. I'll use my Remmy and 243 after I have my loads dialed in and be able to get some good data in the comparison.

Great info Sully. No big swing's like other caliber's. It will make it a lot easier to back into loading data posted with various brass, bullet and powder combo's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Nosler is manufactured by Norma. Ask Jered Joplin..I tend to believe what he says.. </div></div>

Then why does it say "Made in the USA" on all the Nosler boxes I have seen? I think it is an internet rumor that Norma makes Nosler brass. I think the other internet rumor that Federal makes it is probably the truth. Nosler brass is most likely just weight sorted and prepped Federal brass, whoever makes that, LOL............