• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua 300 PRC Brass...is this okay?

jmornoinf

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2019
I recently purchased 200 pieces of Lapua 300 PRC brass and about 20% of them have beat up necks. I have never seen this before with Lapua 6/6.5 Creedmoor. Should I complain? I bought these from Milehigh.
IMG_4762.jpeg

The bigger necks of magnums can have a few necks dinged like that, I’ve noticed. Easy to straighten with a neck sizing mandrel.

i would call lapua and complain . there getting like everybody else. here its almost getting into the middle of summer and still no lapua 6.5 PRC brass

I just had a backorder of Lapua 300-PRC cases come into stock and on the way. I hope mine are in better shape than yours.

id size and use

i dont think you guys read the full OP post

its lapua brass but it was purchased form Milehigh..why would he call Lapua

you would call the place you purchased it from not the OEM

id size and use

i dont think you guys read the full OP post

its lapua brass but it was purchased form Milehigh..why would he call Lapua

you would call the place you purchased it from not the OEM
Why would you call the dealer? What do they have to do with it? Call the people who manufactured it and are responsible.

Why would you call the dealer? What do they have to do with it? Call the people who manufactured it and are responsible.

ummm because the dealer was the last person to touch it..the guys in shipping could have played soccer with it

if there are repetitive issues with shipment then possibly you call Lapua/ OEM stating a local distributer is substandard

you get a oil change in your car from a local garage

the tech doesnt put oil in the car

engine dies

do you call the local garage or Ford?

ummm because the dealer was the last person to touch it..the guys in shipping could have played soccer with it

if there are repetitive issues with shipment then possibly you call Lapua/ OEM stating a local distributer is substandard

you get a oil change in your car from a local garage

the tech doesnt put oil in the car

engine dies

do you call the local garage or Ford?
You're silly.

I do wish that Lapua would toss a cheap piece of foam in their boxes to keep them from banging around during shipping. If nothing else, it looks nicer when you have less of this showing upon opening the box. My 300 PRC Lapua brass did not have that level of dents though.

Reactions: bunny too
They have included foam in the past but then people bitch because it discolors the brass thats touching it over time due to oxidation differences or something.

They have included foam in the past but then people bitch because it discolors the brass thats touching it over time due to oxidation differences or something.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

At least these days it won't stay in stock long enough to oxidize 🤣

You're silly.

im hoping that is a "smiley face" silly

...its not like i own a company that is a manufacturer/OEM
employ a customer service and a customer complaint department
who also sells through distributers in the CONUS and in about 90 countries

sorry OP dont want to derail thread

but i hope everyone now understands why larger companies do not support customer direct sales

even when it "makes sense"

I would always use a mandrel in new brass, especially Lapua (because of their very tight necks). I wouldn't worry about it, wouldn't complain to anyone, it doesn't matter at all. I suppose you could always use ADG or Alpha brass if you want, since it will be packed in individual cells in a case box.

I would always use a mandrel in new brass, especially Lapua (because of their very tight necks). I wouldn't worry about it, wouldn't complain to anyone, it doesn't matter at all. I suppose you could always use ADG or Alpha brass if you want, since it will be packed in individual cells in a case box.
And only for an additional 40 cents per piece...

If its made by lapua, thats what Im getting. I like alpha brass in stuff like 22 creed, but if it had its own headstamp in lapua thats where Im going.

Reactions: phlegethon
I prefer my precision brass to be hand-curated, organized individually into its own protective slot by a skilled Finnish artisan, then loaded on the palette while being blessed by a Finnish noita with smoke from burning sage.

I do plan to use a mandrel. I just never seen anything close to this in Lapua Brass. I am going to load and shoot.

Reactions: brianf
The necks are fine. You should run virgin necks through a mandrel die before loading anyway. This will remove these dents.

Reactions: jmornoinf
Just got my box of 100 cases of 300-PRC Lapua brass from Creedmoor Sports ... it looks awesome. No crunched case mouths or necks that I can find on first inspection. You either got a bad batch, or something happened to them in shipping. Was the blue Lapua box "sealed" with the side-stickers when it arrived? Did the box from Lapua look like it had been opened? Just curious ...

1627929074320.png

Just got my box of 100 cases of 300-PRC Lapua brass from Creedmoor Sports ... it looks awesome. No crunched case mouths or necks that I can find on first inspection. You either got a bad batch, or something happened to them in shipping. Was the blue Lapua box "sealed" with the side-stickers when it arrived? Did the box from Lapua look like it had been opened? Just curious ...

View attachment 7678777
I received two boxes in one larger shipping box. One with 20% dinged necks(some really bad) and the other no issues. Lapua believes the damage occurred in shipping...not sure?? I am going to load and deal with it. Just not the Lapua quality I am accustomed to.

Just not the Lapua quality I am accustomed to.

There’s a good chance it’s exactly the Lapua quality your used to. Your just not used to shipping issues. I can think of several items I’ve ordered where the cardboard box looked like it was used as a piñata. Up to the point the blue box Lapua ships the brass in would be cracked

Does anyone have any idea when the next batch of brass is supposed to ship? I’ve had some on back order since February. Thanks.

Does anyone have any idea when the next batch of brass is supposed to ship? I’ve had some on back order since February. Thanks.
I got a 100-case box of Lapua 300-PRC from Graffs about two weeks ago that had been on backorder for a really long time. I have more on backorder from a couple of other places as well. At least I have enough to get started. It's definitely slow-rolling from Lapua into the distribution channel.

Reactions: Bandit320