• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua ballistics app

cro789

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2008
    TN
    Has anyone used this app and how does it compare to others?

Lowlight talks about it in his podcast, the Everyday Sniper. It’s the only 6DOF app widely available, so it’s more accurate than the point-mass solvers but a bit harder to use if you aren’t using Lapua bullets because you have to input bullet data yourself for other brands. The interface is kinda different to run, download it yourself and try it. The Hornady one is only 4DOF, but the interface seems a bit easier to use. I haven’t tried it yet on my rifle, but plan to as soon as I get my new optic mounted and get done with load development.

Last edited:
    I like it. Some of the 6DOF effects are suspect, though. I think I had it saying a .338 Lapua lost dynamic stability at 1100 yards or something like that. But it's pretty good overall if you use Lapua bullets.