• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua Factory Ammo

Bird of Prey

Private
Minuteman
Anyone have experience running Lapua factory loads through their 308 gas guns? I just ordered some Lapua 167 and 185 scenar loads to see if my GAP likes them. I'm particularly curious to see how the 185s will compare to the standard 168s and 175s from most other manufacturers.

The new issue of Sniper Magazine has tests on both JP LRP-07 and Larue PredatOBR and it used Lapua Factory ammo for both and guess what Lapua Ammo had the best groups with both guns and beat Black Hills and FGGM 175gr. It also had ASYM Ammo tested but Lapua beat it.

It's probably the factory ammunition to beat, and you get Lapua brass when you're done. I've burnt cases of it in .338 LM, and it is great ammo. Each rifle will have its preference of course, but shooting across a large sample will give you a good idea of what averages better.