• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua pronunciation

Which pronunciation?

• Lap-wa

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • La-poo-uh

Votes: 75 70.8%

• Total voters
We’re American cuz we’re in America. The greatest country on the planet. Here it’s pronounced "la-poo-ah". If some weak Finnish turd has a problem with that he can come see us.
Just hope they dont send Simo.

LOL! Both in the poll are wrong. Is that intentional irony, or just stupidity?

The correct pronunciation is exactly like it is in Redneckese except the accent is on the first syllable instead of the second.
LAH-poo-ah, not lah-POO-ah.

You don't have to pronounce things like native speakers. I refuse to call that shithole in the Middle East, Gutter. The country is called Qua-tar in English. I speak English. I'll call that shithole what I want to call it, and fuck you. The same idiots trying to correct Quatar don't call Paris, Pear-ee, becase they're simply idiots who try to mask their stupidity by mimicking the locals to make themselves sound smart. It's poser bullshit.

The Finns making ammo don't care what you call it as long as you buy their shit.
Nobody-Cares.gif
So, if someone who is french or of french descent has the last name Dumas, do you pronounce it redneckese? Or is this one time when it is okay to say the name like a native speaker?

Or do you call someone a dumbass?

Full disclosure, my last name is not Dumas.

How about the author Anais Nin? Do you pronounce it like a native french person, which would make it Anna-ees? Or do you pronounce it as an-us and get slapped?

Tuh-may-tow -- tuh-mah-tow

Leo-pold -- Loo-pold.

🤷‍♂️
1701729463521.jpeg

The name Leupold is German in spelling. The dipthong, or vowel combination of eu is pronounced as oy, in boy.

The correct phonetic pronunciation is LOY-pold

Attachments

• 1701729250658.jpeg
    1701729250658.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: MarshallDodge
LOL. The word "forte", meaning strength, is pronounced exactly like the word "fort". Pronouncing it FOR-tay (same spelling) is a French word in music for louder. So many people mispronounced forte, trying to sound educated with a fifty cent word, that the dictionary actually went from the correct version and started defining the French word for louder as "strength" in English.

The moral of the story is that idiots who think they're smart will beat you down with how wrong they are till they are actually correct.
The D is right. It's best just to roll with it, though I will continue to say that a strength of mine is my fort(e), and I refuse to frenchify the word to try and sound smart when I know it actually makes you sound like an idiot.

LOL. The word "forte", meaning strength, is pronounced exactly like the word "fort". Pronouncing it FOR-tay (same spelling) is a French word in music for louder. So many people mispronounced forte, trying to sound educated with a fifty cent word, that the dictionary actually went from the correct version and started defining the French word for louder as "strength" in English.

The moral of the story is that idiots who think they're smart will beat you down with how wrong they are till they are actually correct.
The D is right. It's best just to roll with it, though I will continue to say that a strength of mine is my fort(e), and I refuse to frenchify the word to try and sound smart when I know it actually makes you sound like an idiot.
I know that you would know. But also that you would know that I would know.
IMG_1315.jpeg

In TN we have a saying.
If ya got cash we don't give a fuck how ya say it.
It goes along with. We don't care how ya do it where you come from.
That goes with. Iffin ya don't like how we do it. Get yer ass back home.
Loop hold
Remington

In TN we have a saying.
If ya got cash we don't give a fuck how ya say it.
It goes along with. We don't care how ya do it where you come from.
That goes with. Iffin ya don't like how we do it. Get yer ass back home.
Loop hold
Remington
Tennessee? I knew you was a yankee.

Yankee = anyone north of the Red River.

Oh yeah?

Here in north Texas was a wide spot in the road called Mantua. Now, people are building homes. How do you think it is pronounced locally? Man-tay. The U is silent like the pee in swimming.

Bexar County? Pronounced bare or bear. Mexia is pronounced Mu-HAY-uh.

Biden is pronounced "idiot who could not find his way out of a wet paper bag if he had a sharp knife in each hand and flopped around like a fish out of water."

Everyone of you idiots got it wrong.

It's pronounced like this.....

Pry - Cee

Got it ?
Good.

Here is one, you know them tasty little sticks that people use for coloring?
I have always called them “crowns”.
My family laughs at me and says they are called “crayons”
Could I possibly be wrong?

Here is one, you know them tasty little sticks that people use for coloring?
I have always called them “crowns”.
My family laughs at me and says they are called “crayons”
Could I possibly be wrong?
Depends on how many of them you have eaten.

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
As long as I'm beating the guy calling it Lap-U-ah as I'm dinging steel with my La-Puh-a I don't care what is correct.

Topstrap