• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LAR-8 Rock River free floating

Re: LAR-8 Rock River free floating

Good luck getting them to do anything in a timely manor. I got poor response from them and did it myself. Used a Daniel Defense 7.62 lite 12" and also got the new barrel nut for the LAR-8 from them. Works great and looks great.

RRA has good customer service except for the loooooong amount of time it takes to get something done!

You would be better off buying the HG you want and having it shipped to you so that someone else can install it for you locally. Worst case scenario, you get it dropped shipped to you and then you can send it along with your upper to a smith for installation. I use Steve and the guys at ADCO for AR gunsmithing that I don't want to do myself. Steve is a stocking RRA dealer, so it may be worth a call/e-mail to him about whether he has the HG's in stock. His work is excellent and turnaround should be less than a week from receipt of your upper. Steve's prices are also pretty darn reasonable given the quality of his work.

Here is a link to the ADCO website: http://www.adcofirearms.com/

Problem with my situation was RR didnt have anything in stock and they said they didnt know when they would because they were using the current inventory to build new rifles and had none to sell to individuals. That was what I got with 3 phone calls to them. Glad someone else had better service. Maybe they were having a bad day.