• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Large Diameter Adjustable Gas Blocks

zenbiker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2009
Charlottesville, Virginia
I ran myself into a corner on an AR build. I wanted a 24" match upper and got one. I thought I could get a Noveske SwitchBlock and everything would be golden. I hit a snag when I realized The Noveske SB is intended for .750" barrels; my upper is .950". I do not want to run an overgassed gun and would like to be able to run the rifle like a bolt action, cycling the action manually like a bolt gun. What can I do?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have become a sworn believer in Syrac adjustable gas blocks. I much prefer the fine tuning they afford over a switch block and now run them on four ARs. They also help the gun run cleaner. It looks like the largest they have is a 0.936. You might give them a call.

Gas Blocks | Syrac Ordnance

The closest you'll get to the speed of adjustment that Noveske SBs give you from one preset gas port size to the next is with a Govnah from MicroMOA. In addition to ensuring the block fits your barrel dia, theyll make a GB with the exact port sizes you need to run suppressed, unsuppressed, and off. It's a pretty sweet unit. They're good dudes over there too.

+1 for the Syrac GenII Adjustable gas block. Have one on my Recce AR15 and love it.