• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Largest Eight Pointer Ever Taken Poached?

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
i5anpw.jpg

I got wind today about this story. The buck was taken in Minnesota during bow season.The "lucky" hunter would have been okay if this had not been his third buck of the year since Minnsota's legal bag limit is two.
Unfortunate that such a deer was taken under these circumstances.Now the rack belongs to the State DNR.
Nevertheless, this is an AWESOME deer!!!

Re: Largest Eight Pointer Ever Taken Poached?

that is a pig, the bag limit is only 1 buck here, not 2. people like this should be slapped in the nutz...
wink.gif

Yeah its real, 100% wild buck, a buddy of mine is a DNR officer and worked this case...its a damn shame

I'm sure that monster had no problem passing his genetics on.

DAAAAAAAMMNNNN!!!!

What a great deer! It's a shame that he was poached.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DAAAAAAAMMNNNN!!!!

What a great deer! It's a shame that he was poached. </div></div>

Usually what happens..
frown.gif

it was shot about 20 miles from me. the idiot who shot it was charged with 13 misdemeanors. i hope they put him away for a long time. too bad when a great deer gets poached. this will just be another head on the mn. dnr. wall of shame. according to b&c it may still be recognized as the new record 8 pt. if it measures up after drying for a year. net score of 185 a couple weeks ago.

my buddy shot a non typical 12 point but the typical p oint frame was 168ish and it was the biggest id ever seen. this is defintally bigger

I think poachers ought to get a 10 minute head start. If they can survive 24 hours in an area with hunters out for them, they should only get fined. Otherwise, what good for the goose..........

I'm not going to point any fingers, but my opinion is that anyone who Wouldn't pass that one up, is out there hunting for the WRONG reasons.

And they too, are what we all should be working against.

As it is, that is a nice rack. I'm assuming all the meat got confiscated too? What happens to it now? Local welfare list?

dnr. took the carcass for autopsy. some say he shot it with a rifle during archery season. i'm sure the truth will come out sooner or later. bottom line is, here in mn. you can only shoot one buck pr/year and he had a doe and a buck in the freezer [with no tags on them] so he legally couldn't take another one anyway. if this all seems confusing join the club.

I'm guessin' he's got that smug, poop eatin' grin wiped off his face now???

I cant believe how thick the rack is. The spread and height is impressive, but ive never seen a rack so thick. They just dont build em like that here

Ya, gotta know if you kill something like that, its gonna get publicity. The game commision or game warden is going to want to see it too. You have to be a dumb ass to go parading it around knowing you did it illegally. Im sure he will never get another hunting license in his lifetime. Way to go dumb ass!!!!

What a shame. Man, that was a nice buck.

a few kids 17-19y.o. did something like this around here a year or so ago. shot a cow moose( a once in a lifetime tag in ND) 13 times with a .22LR not to mention the countless ducks, pheasants and 2 wild turkeys. But since the kids parents being who they where, they got 2k in fines a piece, 200 hours, and 2 years suspended hunting privileges. makes me sick to think theyd ever get to hunt in the states again.

Anybody remember the infamous Kirk Darner?He received a good endorsement from Remington to display all of his B/C record bucks that he posed with.Come to find out most were poached by him.End of career as the premier monster mule deer hunter and authority on where to hunt them.

Nice buck. Does Minnesota figure part of the fine by the "value" of the trophy? If they do that is going to be one very, very expensive buck.

mn. fined him $500 each for the untagged buck and doe in his freezer and only $1000 for this potential record buck. this story will get better i'm sure. just wait til the county d.a. drops the ball in court and he gets off with a slap on the wrist. i'll keep you guys posted after the court date [whenever that is].

i knew this would get better. goodhue county assistant attorney was qouted on tuesday saying that the cape of the big 8 contained lead fragments. we all know what that means. he also said this new info could lead to amended or additional charges. more to come i'm sure.