• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Larry Vickers 10mm glock at 250m!

adam1122

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Tx
Holy shit! While watching tac tv with Larry vicker I saw him hit a man sized silhouette steel starting at 50 meters and went all the way back to 250m. He didn't take more than three shots each and hit each target. He said he had nevernshotmfurthermthan 125 with a glock or 1911 45 .

I,know he is ex-delta but good lord what a total badass. I'd like to see him and rob Latham go at it in some kind of drill........I'd pay money to see that.

Larry.....mice shots. Incredible!

I'm going,to the range and going to start practicing wonky 1911 at 100 just to se what I can do.

Re: Larry Vickers 10mm glock at 250m!

Come on I shot a 12x12 steel target at 200 yards with an XD .40 took five shots but once I got the angle down I hit it five more times in a row. I am no bad ass and shooting a pistol out to 250 does not make you one. The other stuff he did in his service is what makes him a bad ass not this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on I shot a 12x12 steel target at 200 yards with an XD .40 took five shots but once I got the angle down I hit it five more times in a row. I am no bad ass and shooting a pistol out to 250 does not make you one. The other stuff he did in his service is what makes him a bad ass not this. </div></div>

I agree with you strangedays. Larry Vickers is a shooter for sure though. Open sighted-Long range pistol is a good challenge and lots of fun. Look up Elmer Keith, I would hope that most people here would know that name, but I'm sure that's not the case.

Larry Vickers sucks! Every time I see his show I find another piece of bad information.
"Suppressors lower the muzzle velocity below lethal"

I can't stand that chubby know it all.

Nice shot but how many did they cut from the filming. I can make a 200 yards shot with a 1911 I'm pretty sure I can do it at 250.

UGH! just thinking about that guy upsets me

Ever seen a .45 acp 230 grain ball hit a steel ram @ 500 yards? We call it Rainbow trajectory.

I'm going to test the theory and see how many shot its takes me to get one a torso sized target at 100 and then start moving back. I figure at 100 my front sight hold will be just a tad over the tip of the top,of target.....maybe even touching the top......depends on the smooth I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt. 0811</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry Vickers sucks! Every time I see his show I find another piece of bad information.
"Suppressors lower the muzzle velocity below lethal"

I can't stand that chubby know it all.

Nice shot but how many did they cut from the filming. I can make a 200 yards shot with a 1911 I'm pretty sure I can do it at 250.

UGH! just thinking about that guy upsets me </div></div>

Are you kidding me, the dude has done more to design and improve modern firearms than pretty much anyone else currently alive (Aimpoints, HK416, HK45, master 1911 smith, Glock accessories, Schmidt and Bender Short Dot, Crimson Trace Lasergrips, Surefire Weaponlights, and Daniel Defense products.) I'm sure I'm missing a few other projects that he's worked on, too.

You've obviously never met Larry; he is a walking encyclopedia of firearms knowledge.

I've been there when Larry was shooting ~125 yards with a Glock before... and he was ringing it then with a 9mm... one handed.

IMG_0734.jpg

I think what puts off Sgt. 0811 is his attitude, presence or your perception of the guy if you never met him or like him from something else.

I like the guy, and think he has done alot, and gives alot back to the shooters, armed forces, users, manufactures to improve things.

But at the same time, first couple times I saw him I had that "used car" salesman or Billy Mays fake chump vibe off of him. He comes across like he is trying to really push something off on you cause he got paid to convince you of it.

I defend it to the fact he was Delta, and any of the elite/special force groups are all alpha types. Extreme confidence in the fact their crap does not stink and they can do anything you can do better, because they think they are the baddest mofo's on the planet.(and most of them are)

Larry just tells it like it is, he doesn't give a hoot what anyone else thinks, he just gives it to you straight.

He will also tell you his way isn't the only way, and doesn't have a "my shit doesn't stink" attitude. He has nothing to prove to anyone, his actions and achievements speak for themselves.

I've watched dudes with a trick trigger or some flashy new piece of gear go up to him during breaks during class and say "hey, larry, what do you think of this new X"... Larry: "It's a fuckin' gimmick, dude."

Take it or leave it, Larry doesn't sugar-coat anything up for you. If you don't really want to know what he thinks, don't ask.

If people don't take his straight-forward, zero BS/sugar-coating approach how he means it... that's fine.

I don't know of anyone who's spent any amount of time with him that hold that opinion, but to each their own.

Please bear in mind that he has an RMR (Trijicon) equipped Glock, NOT open sights. Great shooting? You bet. I can do it at 100y with mine, but not 250.

Mine:
DSC00504.jpg

With good trigger control and some practice anyone can do it.

I have 2 longslide 45 and 10mm 1911's and shoot them at least once a year in a hunter pistol match, out to 100m.
I've hit 8/10 several times with both.
250m just takes more holdover.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomthebaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please bear in mind that he has an RMR (Trijicon) equipped Glock, NOT open sights. Great shooting? You bet. I can do it at 100y with mine, but not 250.

Mine:
</div></div>

How did you get that RMR added on? Is that a stock slide you had machined?

Going to be doing this to one of mine and trying to decide on the best mounting from options I've seen.

Shit I need an rmr on my custom 1911 . Wonder if anybody makes one that is detachable and still retains zero..."doubtful.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">Larry just tells it like it is</span>, he doesn't give a hoot what anyone else thinks, he just gives it to you straight.
Take it or leave it, Larry doesn't sugar-coat anything up for you. If you don't really want to know what he thinks, don't ask.

If people don't take his <span style="color: #CC0000">straight-forward, zero BS/sugar-coating </span>approach how he means it... that's fine.

</div></div>
Have you ever watched his shows? Take your head out of your ass and watch the shit he tells others to do. Tactical Impact was so full of crap to make them look cool he would say anything. Its like the long shot scene where he is spotting telling the guy to adjust his windage and the guy goes for the left focus knob, then he said to adjust for elevation and guess what the dumb shit went for the same knob. The show is centered on the mall ninjas who don't know a stupid mistake when shown. With his background he should be ashamed at himself for misguiding people. I gave up watching his crap. And seriously look at the pictures the dude needs to hit the treadmill already. What he did in his past made him a bad ass. What he does now is sell his name to whoever is willing to pay enough to watch his misguided BS.

Steelshot11- The leupold Deltapoint fits in a Colt/milspec style dovetail, with their kit, drive pint the old site and tap in the new mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">Larry just tells it like it is</span>, he doesn't give a hoot what anyone else thinks, he just gives it to you straight.

If people don't take his <span style="color: #CC0000">straight-forward, zero BS/sugar-coating </span>approach how he means it... that's fine.

</div></div>
Have you ever watched his shows? Take your head out of your ass and watch the shit he tells others to do. Tactical Impact was so full of crap to make them look cool he would say anything. Its like the long shot scene where he is spotting telling the guy to adjust his windage and the guy goes for the left focus knob, then he said to adjust for elevation and guess what the dumb shit went for the same knob. The show is centered on the mall ninjas who don't know a stupid mistake when shown. With his background he should be ashamed at himself for misguiding people. I gave up watching his crap. And seriously look at the pictures the dude needs to hit the treadmill already. What he did in his past made him a bad ass. What he does now is sell his name to whoever is willing to pay enough to watch his misguided BS. </div></div>

Strangedays, Larry isn't the editor. *hint*

And no, I don't get his shows... don't have that channel. What clips I've seen on youtube have all been decent. If you see an error in any of them, please let me know.

As for "hitting the treadmill"... when you survive 3 helicopter crashes and trash your back to the point where you might be dead if it ever happened again, then your opinion might be of some merit. Otherwise you just come off as some guy on the internet trying to criticize a world renowned expert, who hasn't walked a single step in their shoes, let alone a mile.

Maybe I am being harsh they say the camera adds 10lbs of douche. I will pass on meeting him though. Tell ya what, just for the Larry lovers I'll give his show another go. I'm gonna need a drink first.

Not to drift here, But BAD ASS KIT BRO !Them sights cowitness ? tell more.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomthebaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please bear in mind that he has an RMR (Trijicon) equipped Glock, NOT open sights. Great shooting? You bet. I can do it at 100y with mine, but not 250.

Mine:
DSC00504.jpg
</div></div>

I bet Larry wouldn't want a piece of the Latham bet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did he mean the velocity decrease to make them quiet? </div></div>

Still wrong...

Doubtful he could take Leatham in any handgun comp.......apparently he shot an el presidente drill in an overwhelming time of 3.9 seconds.

Yeah, let's make fun of a true american hero. If the guy wants to get fat, let'em in his prime the guy probably did more p.t. than all the larrybashers on here have combined in their lifetime.

Larry Vickers is not a competition shooter and he would defer to experts in competition. He does know more than I would ever care to about the two way range. Not to mention a very knowledgeable gunsmith and weapon designer/innovator.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Larry just tells it like it is, he doesn't give a hoot what anyone else thinks, he just gives it to you straight.

He will also tell you his way isn't the only way, and doesn't have a "my shit doesn't stink" attitude. He has nothing to prove to anyone, his actions and achievements speak for themselves.

I've watched dudes with a trick trigger or some flashy new piece of gear go up to him during breaks during class and say "hey, larry, what do you think of this new X"... Larry: "It's a fuckin' gimmick, dude."

If people don't take his straight-forward, zero BS/sugar-coating approach how he means it... that's fine.

I don't know of anyone who's spent any amount of time with him that hold that opinion, but to each their own.</div></div>

That is cool sounds like my kind of guy.
smile.gif

Just saying based on the shows, I got that vibe. Might be the greatest friend I could ever have in person, but so far I only know him from what I have seen.
Just my opinion, not a good one cause I have not spent time with him. Never said I did not like the guy, just understand where some who are not a fan of his might get that feeling.

So far he is part bad-a, american hero and I appreciate his services for sure.
The other part is he backs something for whatever reason, and dang it his point is for me to buy into it.
I am ok with that, if I don't like I can watch something else or nothing at all.

All well and good, he knows more about any of it than me, so I could learn lots of great stuff he knows about from him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ASM1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to drift here, But BAD ASS KIT BRO !Them sights cowitness ? tell more.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomthebaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please bear in mind that he has an RMR (Trijicon) equipped Glock, NOT open sights. Great shooting? You bet. I can do it at 100y with mine, but not 250.

Mine:
DSC00504.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

Thanks, yes, they co-witness, which is the real beauty of it. Hit the sights, follow the bouncing dot. Lose the Dot - just go back to the sights. Work performed by One Source Tactical, with a fast turnaround, I might add.

Groups shrink, times speed up, battery lasts a year, the RMR is rugged as hell. No real downside except $$. I use a Barsto barrel to realize the accuracy potential of the 8 MOA dot.

I have a G26 set up the same way.

DSC00501.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

I went to a Suarez International class in Texas a few years ago. The whole class shot 50, 100, and then 200. E-type sized steel targets and a 6 inch square.

I hit the 6 inch'er at 50 with a 100% stock Gen 1 Glock 17. At 100 I couldn't see the target through the factory BRICK sights. I hit once but not again. Then Gabe let me shoot his G19 with fiber optic front sight and I hit it every time. We moved to 200 and there were only about 5 people (including Gabe) that hit from there. Gabe demonstrated and hit it first round.

Most of the guys with $3000 1911's couldn't hit passed 50. Pretty sure it was a case of them trying to shoot better buy spending more.

I have made hits with a 229 out to 150 and with the glock 19 and 17 i have shot out to 125 and hit about 70%. 12x16 steel plates. Fundamentas and point of aim are essential.

I think Larry is a great guy, there is no reason to hate. Everyone has their own opinions and experience.

regarding Larry Vickers - he's been there, done that
has an injury from his time in Delta/CAG , or as they call it 'the Unit' , so pretty shitty IMHO to piss down his neck and say it's raining ...

anyways ,

while at a Precision Rifle Workshop course last May, one of the instructors pulled out his Glock 19, and commenced to ring ipsc size steel at 700 and 800 yards,

once he had the angle, it was all wind , that determined a hit

most times he hit it, or was just off to one side (wind)
but with 15 rounds, in the mag , a person could just keep on pulling the trigger for saturation !

fun to watch

also, same insructor was using a iron sighted DTA covert in .308, at these distances , it was fun to watch too !

that Covert is the bees knees

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: banshee sws</div><div class="ubbcode-body">regarding Larry Vickers - he's been there, done that
has an injury from his time in Delta/CAG , or as they call it 'the Unit' , so pretty shitty IMHO to piss down his neck and say it's raining ...

</div></div>
Making the treadmill comment was over the top. I have not once attacked him for his service instead if you read what I wrote I called him a bad ass for his service. He did some great things for this country. I have a problem with how a person of his stature would allow people to dictate to him how a show goes even when they are feeding the viewers complete crap. I like how someone said it he has nothing to do with “editing” well the bad part is this was an uncut scene. What about writing, what about his name meaning more than a mall ninjas guide to the combat world? The problem is people let guys like this get away with anything because of what they “Have Done” “Been there” and at the end of the day that stuff is great but when it makes it ok to get off track and allow dishonest shows to stay on the air we have a serious issue. I am going to get hell for this but let’s face it Larry Vickers shows have been the Red Jacket of the combat world. If he is willing to let his name be carried down by his actions then “That’s a Game Changer”

I never knew about Larry Vickers prior service. So up until this thread I thought he came off a little mall ninja. Now I know his back story, I'll let his peers pass judgement (not me). More power to him for selling a show and making money.

Hickok45 Also makes 200+ yard shots with Glocks. He does it with completely stock glocks, compacts and sub-compacts. No red-dots or competition triggers. I can hit man sized silhouettes at 100 yards with my G23 which only has a 3.5lb connector. It's all about practice (finding the right front sight hold for the range, and trigger squeeze).

Wow - lets all jump on the bandwagon and make fun of an ex-SF guy who has actually seen combat. Too bad about his back but reality is most of those guys have torn up knees, backs and some ptsd to top it off. His TV show may not be realistic but if the guy made it through SF and D Training I am pretty sure he would out shoot me with his eyes closed.

Next on the list is R. Lee Ermey...Full Metal Jacket movie quotes of his are some of my favorite of all time. Makes me think of fat folks eating jelly doughnuts everytime.

Not that difficult to knock coffee cans around at 150y and 200y in the field with my 38 spl 4" K-frame and iron sights, clay pigeons can be quite sporting though. The bullet's hang time keeps it fun
wink.gif