• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Larue 1-piece doesn't fit my scope - now what?

ReaperDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 5, 2009
    Vegas Baby!
    I am planning on moving a Falcon 5.5-25 from my Rem 700 over to my precision AR /SPR clone. I have a 30mm Larue SPR-E mount that looked on a CQB optic that I thought was going to fit perfect for height as well as eye releif - but the rings are literally just an RCH too close together to fit the turret box of the scope between them. IOW - the scope box touches the rings and prevents the tube from sitting flush in the rings. I'm guessing I'm missing it being perfect by a couple thou...

Anyway, I guess I'm going to have to go with 2-piece rings instead of the Larue QD base. I'm probably thinking Seekins or Badger - what is the proper height for a 50mm obj over a Flattop AR-15? Are there any issues with a scope that large working on a flattop and still getting the proper eye relief if I set it up roughly NCTH? Or should I just not bother with NCTH for a mostly prone and BR precision gun?