• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Larue 308 MGU

chwithad

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2024
Loudoun County, VA
It seems that Larue went with a rather rare 1:8 twist for their 308 uppers, unlike the more common 1:10 twist. While googling, I get a lot of 300 blackout results (not what I'm looking for). I do reload and plan to reload for this, but I'm saving for an optic right now. I believe the 1:8 twist is better for heavier/longer bullets, but I need to be mindful of magazine OAL restrictions. In the meantime, I was curious what others who own this same upper seem to like for accurate store bought target ammo and deer hunting ammo.

Barrett also uses 1:8tw for all their 30 caliber barrelsat least for the MRAD. Shoots plain old FGMM half-MOA.

Reactions: GhostFace
No idea. I didn't know they had a 1:10 before.
I remember them telling me it was 1:10 back in 2015. However, there is no information on the invoice.

There is no information on their website other than for the Siete rifle barrels shown as a 1:8 twist.

I know a 1-8” twist .308 win barrel will shoot 168gr ELDM like nobodies business, or at least mine will. You couldn’t shoot a 155gr bullet out of a 1-8” 308 fast enough to cause issues.