• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue 7.62 Magazines?

Srikaleak

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2018
Anyone have any experience with these mags? Will they work in a JP LRP07? I'm thinking about picking up a set of triplets next payday. I'm hoping they are substantially better then Lancer L7AWM magazines. I have a ten rd magpul but it is severely lacking in refinement on a JP.

They are good mags and will work with your JP. If you can swing it on payday order some KAC SR25 mags instead, they are worth every penny.

Wh
They are good mags and will work with your JP. If you can swing it on payday order some KAC SR25 mags instead, they are worth every penny.
What are the improvements KAC jas over Larue?

Better built, better follower, better spring and most importantly they offer a much longer oal than anything else.

Good mags, sexy baseplate. I have both KAC and Larue big bore rifles/mags. Honestly can’t tell a difference. I just happen to run my Larue mags with my 6.5CM Larue rifle and KAC mags with my KAC APC .308

Good mags, sexy baseplate. I have both KAC and Larue big bore rifles/mags. Honestly can’t tell a difference. I just happen to run my Larue mags with my 6.5CM Larue rifle and KAC mags with my KAC APC .308
You can load longer in a KAC mag, big difference...

I have a few of both and to me the larues are superior in finish and quality. Both can be loaded to about 2.86-7" reliably.

Reactions: kl7883
2.825in is SAAMI length of 6.5CM which is what my rifle is chambered in. The prime ammo I have is ~2.75in. What is the benefit of the extra length? Do longer bullets have better BC or is it just being able to play with the lands provides better results?

You can load longer in a KAC mag, big difference...

Do you actually have both mags in hand? Or are you just repeating what you've been told? Ive been shooting KAC mags in my 6.5cm semis for years and have both Larue and ASC SS mags as well. They have the exact same max COAL of 2.870 +/- .001......

The ASC SS SR25 mags are excellent and run flawless and are very well made. If they were around back when I bought all these KAC or Larue mags I would be using them at 2-3x less.

http://www.ammosc.com/308-sr-25-20-rd-magazine/

2.825in is SAAMI length of 6.5CM which is what my rifle is chambered in. The prime ammo I have is ~2.75in. What is the benefit of the extra length? Do longer bullets have better BC or is it just being able to play with the lands provides better results?

Ive built 10 or more custom 6.5cm semis over the years and my go to loads with 123 Scenars, 130 ELD-M or 140 ELD-M are in the 2.83 - 2.84" COAL range after seating depth tests. This requires the mags mentioned above that allow the longer COAL's. You cant load them in Magpul mags.

Reactions: Srikaleak
So I went ahead and ordered the Larue mags. They are of good quality. The care package is a little bit ridiculous though but very much appreciated. I will have to order another pair from them. Anyone know what to do with the Battlefield Mixer? It says it is for mixing paint but that can't be it. Otherwise that'd be a ridiculous item for a riflemaker to sell right?
Larue Care Package.jpg
Larue Mag In JP.jpg
Larue Mage 2.jpg
Larue Mag 1.jpg

Do you actually have both mags in hand? Or are you just repeating what you've been told? Ive been shooting KAC mags in my 6.5cm semis for years and have both Larue and ASC SS mags as well. They have the exact same max COAL of 2.870 +/- .001......

The ASC SS SR25 mags are excellent and run flawless and are very well made. If they were around back when I bought all these KAC or Larue mags I would be using them at 2-3x less.

I don't even own a semi, just spewing info I read on arfcom.

Reactions: CrabsandFootball
But... but why? (For battle mixer) I'll try and repurpose for bulk alcohol beverages. Otherwise it's a waste of plastic that'll end up in the ocean.

Well I recycled mine but I have no idea what my city actually does with it.

This may be a YMMFsituation but I tried the ASC mags based on these comments - one locks and releases only with considerable pressure. The other pops right in and locks but falls out after firing one round. Not too impressive. ASC is sending a couple replacements but unless they have a secret stash they only send to customers who complain, I don't expect much change from the originals.

This may be a YMMFsituation but I tried the ASC mags based on these comments - one locks and releases only with considerable pressure. The other pops right in and locks but falls out after firing one round. Not too impressive. ASC is sending a couple replacements but unless they have a secret stash they only send to customers who complain, I don't expect much change from the originals.

Funny I had this problem with multiple different mags in a Aero M5 lower where they all locked tight into my MEGA lower and found it was the Aero 308 lower our of spec, not the mags. Aero replaced the 308 lower and problem was gone. Never bought another aero product since.

I know 5 guys all running ASC SS mags in 308 and 6.5 without issue along with many here on this forum.

May be wise to find out why its falling out to confirm what's out of spec...

Last edited:
So far no joy on the replacements - I'll post a followup after trying them out. The one mag that was tough to lock/release seems to be getting smoother with use and feeds/functions well otherwise so it may just be a matter of wearing in.

Has anyone tried DH magazines? I’m happy to buy KAC if they are better, but dang, they are expensive!