• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue 762 tactical magazines

HornDog87

Peppa Pigs Pimp
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2018
Narnia
Hello all,

Just wanted to see anyone that's had experience with these mags, fit, finish, functionality, and lead time. A buddy and I went to buy two to try them out, a day later I got a email notification that they were back ordered. I've tried to contact LaRue three times asking if these were built to order since they look high speed low drag. Any info would be greatly appreciated 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

I can't give you reliability feedback as I have only used them a few times on a bench at the range. I expect them to last forever sitting in the safe, or being carried about in padded bags, Construction, fit and finish are all top quality. Customer service was very supportive filling my order during the one week in the last decade that we could buy standard capacity mags.

Rasyad

Reactions: HornDog87
I can't give you reliability feedback as I have only used them a few times on a bench at the range. I expect them to last forever sitting in the safe, or being carried about in padded bags, Construction, fit and finish are all top quality. Customer service was very supportive filling my order during the one week in the last decade that we could buy standard capacity mags.

Rasyad

Yeah Rasyad,
I'm sure they would last forever in a safe, but I'm planning on packing this rifle in on multiple hunts up here in Alaska. They'll be looking like a slapped ass after the first year, I have multiple lancers. These look top quality and I prefer metal mags just incase I have to bang out any dents. But much appreciated for the info either way 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

I've used in the past. They are high quality and I never had any issues with them. Pricey though.

I use them on all of my AR10s with no issue.
I also like the Lancers.
I think the Larue lets you load a little bit longer than like a PMAG.

Reactions: kl7883
I've used in the past. They are high quality and I never had any issues with them. Pricey though.

They look extremely well built, price is an exception if they're everything they claim to be I guess. 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

I use them on all of my AR10s with no issue.
I also like the Lancers.
I think the Larue lets you load a little bit longer than like a PMAG.

Lancer are very legit for price and quality for a polymer mag for sure, but like you said that I forgot to include in my original description I love to reload. Especially as hot of rounds as I can push my 168gr bergers for hunting purposes for moose, caribou, etc. From what I was reading you can get a little more out of the LaRues compared to Pmags 🤔

Semper fi
Horner

I have 8-10 and have had no issues with them. They're just a little longer than kac because of the floor plate. I'd say they're just like a kac but with better welds/fit/finish.

pricey but I've been considering them as well. Been running P mags and Lancers. Had to lighten the spring tension on the Lancers to get them to run for me though.

When I changed the OBR to .260 I opened up a LT mag for the better length for cartridge compared to the magpul I usually use. It’s got 486 rounds on it, not a hiccup but she is pretty dirty. Honestly no wear that I see and it did go hunting multiple times last season.
8D80D1F0-070C-4E16-BC41-EF6EA51A5186.jpeg

I just purchased four mags as the consensus is they're top knotch, I've come to the conclusion that they're made to order. 6-8 well lead time, so I might as well make it worth while. They'll be ran with a suppressor almost all the time, plus I reload quite a bit and I'm planning on a 6.5 build in the future. Been good to hear Alot of positive feedback on these mags. The base plates with the LaRue engraved on them is super classy to say the least.

Semper fi
Horner

I just purchased four mags as the consensus is they're top knotch, I've come to the conclusion that they're made to order. 6-8 well lead time, so I might as well make it worth while. They'll be ran with a suppressor almost all the time, plus I reload quite a bit and I'm planning on a 6.5 build in the future. Been good to hear Alot of positive feedback on these mags. The base plates with the LaRue engraved on them is super classy to say the least.

Semper fi
Horner
Must just be backlogged like everyone else. Every time I've ordered I had them within a week.

Been using 2 LT 308 mags for testing ammo last 3 years.
Lotta use, almost always suppressed, zero issues to date. 25-08, 6.5 Creed, 260 and 308.

Spendy? Yes.
Worth it? Yes, IMHO. LT mags allow for 2.860” OAL to feed from mags. Later / latest gen P-mags are 2.820-2.830” OAL, IIRC. Would need to measure to be 100% certain.

Been using 2 LT 308 mags for testing ammo last 3 years.
Lotta use, almost always suppressed, zero issues to date. 25-08, 6.5 Creed, 260 and 308.

Spendy? Yes.
Worth it? Yes, IMHO. LT mags allow for 2.860” OAL to feed from mags. Later / latest gen P-mags are 2.820-2.830” OAL, IIRC. Would need to measure to be 100% certain.

Well if they're everything everyone says they are, I'll most likely get rid of all my lancers and magpuls and buy more of the lt mags 🤙

Semper fi
Horner

$79!? Why not just go with factory SR25 mags? I think I only paid $60 something for those and full price they aren't much different. They'll accept the longer handloads too.

Still can't figure why AR/SR mags cost so damn much and FN Mk20 factory mags are half as much, $38. Sure it's obvious FN just punched holes in FAL mags and called it good (I compared a couple, they're identical down to the floorplates and glossy finish) but they're all made on older tooling. So pricing on mags just makes zero fucking sense these days. I understand a magazine can be the most difficult and expensive part of a new weapon system but none of these weapons or mags are exactly "new".

And Larue's claim about seaming the mags is, uh, sorta bullshit. You can weld a seam and that'll be the most flat way to go. But mags usually employ spot welds so there's an overlap. Well, KAC does that on the corners so it doesn't interfere with the follower or the OAL so don't let that sway you. KAC has historically been the goto for long 7.62 mags.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Just checking but would anyone want to sell me just one of their LaRue mags? I'd just like to get my hands on one before I have to wait 8 weeks!

I have two Larue mags that have been working great with my LMT MWSz. I’m planning on buying more. I was going to try some KAC mags, but the Larue mages are slightly less expensive and I like the heavy duty base pad on them.

I have two Larue mags that have been working great with my LMT MWSz. I’m planning on buying more. I was going to try some KAC mags, but the Larue mages are slightly less expensive and I like the heavy duty base pad on them.

To be honest I wasn't impressed at all by the Kac mags, the follower tilted like crazy and the spring was weak as can be. My lancers seemed better built.

Just checking but would anyone want to sell me just one of their LaRue mags? I'd just like to get my hands on one before I have to wait 8 weeks!
Jesus, is it really an 8 week lead time for a larue mag right now?

Honestly if you are looking for a good alternative you can get now, get a lancer mag and don't look back.

Jesus, is it really an 8 week lead time for a larue mag right now?

Honestly if you are looking for a good alternative you can get now, get a lancer mag and don't look back.
6-8 weeks, but I have a nunber of lancers and want to reload longer rounds for my 308

Attachments

• 20200711_170314.jpg
    20200711_170314.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 28
Larue mags - the fit and finish are great. As for the reliability I cannot really give input as I did not own it for very long. KAC mags on the other hand I can attest to the reliability. My go to magazines for the SR25 platform.