• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Larue ACOG/AimPoint T-1 Mount

GySgtMUSMC

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2009
NC
I am playing with the idea of getting the Larue mount that holds the ACOG and puts a AimPoint Micro T-1 on top of it. Anyone seen these or shot with one? I have never looked through that size Aimpoint and wonder if acquisition times would be slower than an Eotech. I am currently set up to be able to switch between an Eotech and ACOG by switching them out individually. I know Larue makes quality stuff but dont know how the AimPoint would play in CQB compared to the Eotech.

Larue Mount

Re: Larue ACOG/AimPoint T-1 Mount

I've got both an Eotech and a T1, and have owned an ACOG in the past (though never with the mount you're talking about). The EoTech is pretty much always going to rule the roost in regards to target acquisition, against any Aimpoint (Micro or otherwise), IMHO.

However, I had originally purchased my T1 to mount onto an MP5 because it was low enough to co-witness with the irons. When I tried it mounted on my AR (using a low Larue mount and a 1/2" ARMS Swan rail to raise it to 1.4" to center) I liked it so much that I decided to order another for the carbine and now I have an EoTech sitting in the safe. For me, it works just as well as a full-size Aimpoint and I much prefer the lower-profile and weight.