• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue bolt gun wins PRS match? Any info?

Maybe my math is wrong, but looking at the targets listed above...
5150F541-956A-46D2-A497-5E5E7CE9EFC1.jpeg

Reactions: deersniper
It’s division or the shooter’s? And how many in the division? He’s really reaching for some recognition off this match but it just looks like ass to anyone who knows anything about PRS.

No PRS matches around me, dont really no shit about PRS except what I see on here. He still looks like an ass.

IIRC, PRS mandates that most targets be no smaller than 2 MOA. Which raises my BS flag that LaRue is doing a hard sell of a rifle that isn't even available even in picture form on their website.

I drank the LaRue kool-aid for far too long. This thread confirms that selling that rifle was the best decision I’ve made. My scope mount that has been collecting dust will be the next up. I won’t support a company that blatantly lies to its customers. Also that rifle is the ugliest bolt gun I’ve ever seen.

I own a lot of LaRue gear and am happy with all of it. What issues I did have they resolved to my satisfaction. But that is not a good look for them on this. Incredibly disappointing.

Not, impressed. A match with a “Coming Soon” rifle. I agree that Larue missed the boat on this one. I like his optic mounts and the price of his AR triggers.

If this deceptive shit keeps up, I am going to throw away the stupid bottle opener I have never used.

Reactions: usafa77
Yes, it was.

I was signed up, but couldn't make it. That is a photo from the match that my friend posted on FB.
You are possibly in a unique position. Did someone from the match exaggerate what happened or did LaRue decide to exaggerate what was reported to them. Given the posts changed there is room for both even though what is still being claimed is provably incorrect.

You are possibly in a unique position. Did someone from the match exaggerate what happened or did LaRue decide to exaggerate what was reported to them. Given the posts changed there is room for both even though what is still being claimed is provably incorrect.

I wasn't there, and I don't know the guy that placed first after checking Practicescore. I'll ask some buddies that shot the match.

Newest response from ML

"I’m on my way to demo my MRGG-S and MRGG-A to an invite-only .mil group out west. I asked a buddy to research the Wailing Wall of the match this thread is about. Here’s the report - There were 49 shooters.
Looks like the shooters were broken up into 3 groups - A, B, & C.
Siete guy was reportedly top or #1 shooter in C Class.
Translation ... 1st in his class but not overall winner of the match.
So yeah, PRS-Style match, not a “PRS” match, and 1st in his division, not 1st overall. So, my apologies for being excited to see my made-from-scratch Bolt-Action rifle show well, with the news causing a handful of people to ruin their keyboards and others to piss their pants. 🤷‍♂️"

Newest response from ML

"I’m on my way to demo my MRGG-S and MRGG-A to an invite-only .mil group out west. I asked a buddy to research the Wailing Wall of the match this thread is about. Here’s the report - There were 49 shooters.
Looks like the shooters were broken up into 3 groups - A, B, & C.
Siete guy was reportedly top or #1 shooter in C Class.
Translation ... 1st in his class but not overall winner of the match.
So yeah, PRS-Style match, not a “PRS” match, and 1st in his division, not 1st overall. So, my apologies for being excited to see my made-from-scratch Bolt-Action rifle show well, with the news causing a handful of people to ruin their keyboards and others to piss their pants. 🤷‍♂️"

Guess we misidentified the gender of the shooter from the pic?

A few ppl have posted the name of the match, but Marky Mark and his funky bunch have deleted it to keep up the shenanigans. He could have just said he received some bad info and that the shooter did well but didn’t win, but he’s dead set on just lying to anyone that would believe his nonsense.

Okay, I talked to my buddies that were there. The LaRue was in the squad behind him. It was an older gentleman, and it was his first match, or one of his first. They said he had several weapon malfunctions and did not complete a couple of stages. Many of the targets were over 1 MOA.

How many people even knew LaRue was making a bolt action?

This is the first im hearing about it.

Yeah, they dropped something about it on social media years ago, and it's been vaporware until now I guess.

There's a long running thread on Arf in the LaRue forum about the wait times.

Okay, I talked to my buddies that were there. The LaRue was in the squad behind him. It was an older gentleman, and it was his first match, or one of his first. They said he had several weapon malfunctions and did not complete a couple of stages. Many of the targets were over 1 MOA.

It’s mind boggling. Why even post about it if you had numerous equipment malfunctions and clearly didn’t win in any division? Is this pretty common of manufacturers, or does he just assume his client base wouldn’t be smart enough to figure out the truth?

Reactions: deersniper
It’s mind boggling. Why even post about it if you had numerous equipment malfunctions and clearly didn’t win in any division? Is this pretty common of manufacturers, or does he just assume his client base wouldn’t be smart enough to figure out the truth?

I dunno.

I think it was just simply showing one that was actually in the wild. Who knows?

Idk... seems par for the course for LaRue. The fanboys over at ARFCOM will defend them no matter what.