• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue lower blowout

Just looked at the order I placed on 29 Aug. Still hasn't shipped after 3 months. The few emails I've sent over the past few months inquiring of the status, has been cordial. I just wish I could better understand the "why".

Just looked at the order I placed on 29 Aug. Still hasn't shipped after 3 months. The few emails I've sent over the past few months inquiring of the status, has been cordial. I just wish I could better understand the "why".
I think LaRue has always done things in machining batches. Like machine a batch of lowers, a batch of uppers, etc. For as many CNCs as he has, you would think it wouldn't take so long to get stuff out of there but we really don't know how many guns he sells.

@Junco Grande Dang, that's long even for LaRue.

Interested in any follow ups.

Everything LaRue I own works but is "meh" for the price.
Their upper designs are very good. Their machining quality is great. They were very good for the price before Mark decided to double+ everything awhile back. Discontinuing the UU kits pissed a lot of people off.

Their machining quality is great.

It is, fit and finish is top notch.

I bought one of his triggers on "sale", it does everything I want and I can't complain about the price I got at the time, somewhere around $89 before tax and shipping IIRC. I think these days LaRue "sales" are more like pre-orders on future stock and not stuff on the shelf.

I have a couple of his quick detach mounts, they do what I want and at the time nobody else had any QD mounts of the same style/function so I paid the nose bleed prices. Haven't needed another mount for a while, don't know what's out there or how it prices these days.

Also have a Stealth barrel, ran several types/brands of ammo through it and, other than one or two groups, never got the advertised accuracy out of it. I get better performance from a couple decades old factory AAC Rem 700 than the Stealth. Contacted them for some suggestions and got brushed off, probably because I didn't put it in one of his uppers ... maybe I'll try shimming it one day.

Reactions: rlsmith1
It is, fit and finish is top notch.

I bought one of his triggers on "sale", it does everything I want and I can't complain about the price I got at the time, somewhere around $89 before tax and shipping IIRC. I think these days LaRue "sales" are more like pre-orders on future stock and not stuff on the shelf.

I have a couple of his quick detach mounts, they do what I want and at the time nobody else had any QD mounts of the same style/function so I paid the nose bleed prices. Haven't needed another mount for a while, don't know what's out there or how it prices these days.

Also have a Stealth barrel, ran several types/brands of ammo through it and, other than one or two groups, never got the advertised accuracy out of it. I get better performance from a couple decades old factory AAC Rem 700 than the Stealth. Contacted them for some suggestions and got brushed off, probably because I didn't put it in one of his uppers ... maybe I'll try shimming it one day.
I never understood why he didn't implement an In Stock tracker for everything. If they know that you won't get a rifle for a couple months it should just be stated. The man is an autist of the highest order imo. Impeccable machining but awful logistics.

I have had good luck with the barrels/rifles of his I have had trigger time on. But I will admit I don't/haven't shot anywhere near as much as I am planning to in the coming couple years.

Reactions: doubloon