• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue OBR came in today!!!

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
Well, it's been a long wait- I ordered this while over seas in late November 09. Been a busy summer and I figured they'd call me when it was ready. Still busy, but my considerable patience was running out so I called Larue last week. They had it on hold the whole time (started shipping 20" guns in April/May), waiting for me to let them know I was back. Great service!

It's got a surefire brake on it- hopefully MI will allow suppressors in the next couple years- I'll be all set-up for it. Stock and grip were previously worn on my M110. She'll be getting a NF 3.5-15x50 next week.

I'll post up some groups when I get my scope! For now, the print they sent with the gun will have to do. .8MOA... I'm pretty sure I can get her to shoot better than that.

PA070002.jpg

PA070004.jpg

Re: Larue OBR came in today!!!

I have seen a lot of them shoot half MOA or better. Both the 556 and 762 guns. Good looking rifle.

Thanks guys! After I get my scope, I'll see what it's capible of when some time is put into it. Also have about 20lbs of Varget, 1000pc SMK 175 and 500pc lapua brass... so I've got some load working to do! :)

Wow! Do i envy you!!! Nothing like have all that fun in one place! That Larue is beautiful! Im sure down with getting me one...trying to make some final decisions/save up the last few pennies to get me one! Can't wait to hear how it shoots... but then id be surprised at anything but amazing performance! Congrats on the safe return as well!

You're going to love how it shoots. Mine came with a test target with a 0.39 MOA. It shoots smooth and the recoil is non-existent compared to my Rem 700. Pick up some extra Magpuls because you'll be burning through ammo it's so much fun to shoot.

Looks awesome. This rifle is definitely on my short list (if I can talk the wife into letting me get another AR). Looking forward to hearing more after you get the glass mounted and put some rounds through it.

You said you used the M110? I am interested in hearing how the OBR compared in weight, felt recoil, performance, etc to the M110.

it takes the 7.62 pmags as well, although i get the feeling you were being a smartass

I think I'm going to take it to the range and put a few rounds through it using my AR scope (USO SN-4). We'll see how she shoots!!!

And for the guy asking about $80 mags- It came with two steel LT mags, I have 5 DPMS mags and 4 PMags- M110 is a primary weapon... I'm well stocked on KAC (original AR10) pattern mags. I have no idea what LT sell's their steel mags for. But I sure hope that wasn't a swipe at the cost of LT mags when I know for a fact that the DPMS mags are less than 100% reliable, KAC mags sell for about $300ea and C-Products mags are a bit of an unknown for me.

I like the Pmags a lot, but it's one hell of a close fit to get M118LR in there. No joke, the scrape on the meplat just a touch. Not enough to jam up the mag, but enough to leave a mark. And I'm sure as anyone familar with KAC pattern AR's will tell you, they stick out about 1/2 further than the steel counterparts- not an issue normally. I much prefer to use 5rd mags for my precision shooting. Unfortunately you can get raped by DPMS at $50 for junk (4rd)... or get raped by KAC at $200 (5rd). No good middle ground. I'd gladly pay $80 for an LT 4 or 5 rd mag if it's built the same quality as the two they provided with the gun

As far as how I like my M110- it's not a bad set-up... but despite what KAC advertises, those guns are not designed to handle use as a battle rifle. They require more attention, more careful handling and seem to be more prone to breakage under intense use. BUT, at least in the case of the M110, if you read the literature, it specifically states that you should ONLY exceed the advised firing table under the most immediate of emergencies. And to be honest, if you're a DM in a squad or platoon, you should be handling the longer shots with M4's taking care of business in the closer distances- that should mean a slower rate of fire. Of course combat rarely goes the way it's "supposed" to. The suppressor set-up they have is pretty good although I've heard it becomes a problem under heavy use as it expands. I hardly ever used mine. Both guns we had, accuracy degraded a touch with the can on- wasn't much, but it certainly happened. Another point of contention of mine- the OBR comes with a dual position gas block and costs $3000- KAC is non-adjustable and runs $5000-$6000? Should have those little added items that help the gun out. I KNOW the gun took in a lot more gas with the can on- it was evident in the dispersion of brass, the sound the gun makes cycling and the cleaning. Is it enough to raise the likely hood of weapon breakage or decreased lifespan? I have no idea. Anyway, over-all a good weapon in the sniper support role or urban sniper role. For DM, I'd add a forward assist given the tolerances (for the record, I believe the forward assist on the M16/M4 series to be virtually useless and have never used it... but those weapons have a bit more wiggle room).

I got to shoot one of those a few weeks ago. Very nice system.

Well, by the time I shot everything else, I ran out of daylight. Put a couple downrange just to see how it shoots... very smooth!!! The surefire brake might help, but I would say it's smoother shooting than the KAC.

Scope came in today! NF 3.5-15x50 NSX ZS, Mil/Mil-MLR

It's not the scope that it will ultimately end up with, but I needed a scope asap and I was not going to be able to have a USO built in 5 days. So it'll roll with this scope for a while.

PA130005.jpg

Congrats man!

I just got mine last Saturday and have already put 150 rounds through it.

Lots of fun both suppressed and unsuppressed. It gets dirty <span style="font-style: italic">quick</span> when used with the can.
eek.gif

I'm loving it. My best group with 175g SMK's was .690". Not too shabby!

P1050950Large.jpg

Very nice!!! How do you like the adjustable gas block?? Can't run cans here in MI- so my only experience with a gas gun and can are with the M110- and that sucker gets SUPER dirty with a can on... also seems a bit more rough on the gun itself.

Good question! I've not yet weighed it. I will get back to you on that!

I have a SCAR Heavy can. I did a quick zero shift test (on all 5 settings and found that on #4 I only get about one MOA of shift @100yds.

Pretty cool. Haven't checked for group problems at range yet though. My bolt rifle does not like the SCAR Heavy can. It goes to shit beyond 300 yds.