• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

LaRue OBR light

Surffshr

Beach Bum
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2009
SoTX
Who has one and would you buy it again? I've got the hots for a complete LaRue rifle and this seems to be the way go. Looking hard at the 18" version. Thank you.

Re: LaRue OBR light

I have the OBR 762 and it is one WELL made gun and very accurate. I want a 12" OBR 556 but its down the list for me right now. My Larue Stealth is a incredibly accurate gun though. You cannot go wrong with the OBR 556 or 762.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas_Archer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the OBR 762 and it is one WELL made gun and very accurate. I want a 12" OBR 556 but its down the list for me right now. My Larue Stealth is a incredibly accurate gun though. You cannot go wrong with the OBR 556 or 762. </div></div>

I don't own a regular OBR, but my good buddy does and I'd buy it in a heart beat as a precision rifle. My needs were different however so I went with a REPR. In time I will definitely own an OBR though, as every one I've seen has been near flawless.

Another here with OBR 762 and love it. Great build quality, and simple to shoot accurately. The connection between rails and upper is anterior-posterior as opposed to lateral like most designs. It's supposed to reduce torque thereby increasing accuracy. Not just marketing as many owners can attest. The light version is designed the same way. If I was in the market, I would consider the OBR light.

Larue makes some very nice weapons fit and finish is almost perfect. They do lots of testing and development they have their own underground firing range. So they have all the problems worked out before it hits the market.

I have a buddy that has numerous OBR's and OBR lights and they are all tack drivers. I am talking 1/2 MOA guns. I am definitely going to be buying one of each next year. They run great suppressed as well.