• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue OBR owners I need your help please

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
For those of you that have replaced your bird cage with a surefire brake, would you mind hooking me up with your timing nut from your birdcage if you are going to use it. Ill buy it if i got to and pay shipping. I cannto find mine for the life of me. Im sure the wife put it somewhere thinking it was trash.

Re: Larue OBR owners I need your help please

mine didnt have a nut,,I'll look in my break/flashider bin though

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could be wrong but i thought it had something behind it. I could be mistaken. I looked everywhere for a pic but cnnot find one without a surefire on it. </div></div>

I would suspect it was a crush washer. They have to be replaced whenever the birdcage is removed. Search Brownell's for them.

Call Alfred at Larue. He will take care of you. Seriously.

You sure it wasn't a crush washer?

my POF has a jam nut for the break, the Larue does not

I've got a Stealth upper with a Surefire brake upgrade and it's got a peel washer. Did you replace the brake yourself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: beenjammin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks guys I got it figured out. Appreciate the help. </div></div>

Would you mind sharing the solution to your issue?

For those rare occasions that someone utilizes the search function it may come in handy.

That, and my curiosity is driving me crazy.

Surefire Muzzle Brakes are also intended to be used as Suppressor hosts. The SF Brakes come with shims and a small bottle of Rock Set. If your not going to mount a Suppressor on the Brake a crush or peel washer can be used.