• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue obr price

jeffl838

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
I found a nib larue obr with a magpul CRT stock with the riser and vortex flashider for 3600, seller won't budge on the price, is it a good deal?

You can build a "no-expenses-spared" rifle for about $1300 less than that. I'm about done with mine right now.

Not a Larue, you cant. Not an OBR.

3600 is top dollar. Depends on what you want and he obviously is not in a hurry to sell.

My personal preference is LWRC.

Is Larue made from unobtainium? You can build a rifle that will shoot right along with (insert name here). It may not have the Larue handgaurds or markings but it should shoot right alOng with if built with good parts. If you really want an OBR now then the price isn't out of line IMO.

Yeah, I own several Franken ar's myself and as much as I love them if you can't appreciate the difference between a Franken gun and a high end factory gun, then well...

I'm just wondering if it's a good price. I can wait for a better deal, but i don't see many obrs for sale.

Is Larue made from unobtainium? You can build a rifle that will shoot right along with (insert name here). It may not have the Larue handgaurds or markings but it should shoot right alOng with if built with good parts. If you really want an OBR now then the price isn't out of line IMO.

If I understand properly, they are made from the farts of Mark Larue, then condensed into a metal, from which they mill the receiver.

subjective question... is it worth it to you? In the world of AR-10's Larue and JP have hit home runs. I've owned pretty much all of them at one point and nether the OBR or LPR-07 failed to perform...

That price is not out of line - to get a new one with the CTR stock you are looking at about 3600, including shipping and reasonable FFL transfer fees.
And you are looking at over a year wait.

Here's what I'd opt for, instead:

LaRue Tactical 16.1 Inch PredatOBR? 7.62 | LaRue Tactical

Better ergonomics, less weight, less $$$, and they're delivering on the 16" .308's in two weeks.

Here are mine:

IMG_3411.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

Where is the weight saved in the predatobr? I won't mind the extra pound if it's in the barrel.

Not a bad price for a 7.62 OBR with no wait but it's certainly not a steal. However if you're willing to pay those prices, I'd look at a JP or a PredatOBR.

Just one persons 2 cents. Yes you can build one cheaper. But does it have a warranty? The parts may but the manufacturers may point fingers at each other on the problems. Also if you are going to shoot suppressed, the gas block on the obr/predatobr is pretty hard to beat. My only problem with the predatobr is the trigger, I wish they would have stuck with the geissele. Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At one point and time you could get Any OBR for less then $2800. Then the price boom of 2013 happen and suddenly price jumped $500 dollars :eek:, Brand New out side of wait times a OBR goes for $3370 stock. GA precision GAP-10 Stock goes for $2750 But I believe there wait times are still in the 10's month range based on trying to order a GAP-10 6mm Creedmore upper. Unless you don't absolutely need a LARUE rifle and don't mind the wait, I would suggest a GAP-10.

Docmedic, i agree with you that a gap-10 is a better choice if accuracy is your first concern. About price, don't forget that the larue comes with a adjustable gas block, nice trigger, and better stock, all of those are upgrades for the gap-10, making the price about equal.

Docmedic, i agree with you that a gap-10 is a better choice if accuracy is your first concern. About price, don't forget that the larue comes with a adjustable gas block, nice trigger, and better stock, all of those are upgrades for the gap-10, making the price about equal.

True and true. I've had both and my only issue is they are both ridiculously heavy. I think the predatOBR would be an improvement over the OBR because of the slight weight savings. The JP is the lightest I've handled though and I'm very pleased with mine. Larue, GAP, JP, LMT and some others are all in the super-premium group of 7.62 AR's and you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Just one persons 2 cents. Yes you can build one cheaper. But does it have a warranty? The parts may but the manufacturers may point fingers at each other on the problems. Also if you are going to shoot suppressed, the gas block on the obr/predatobr is pretty hard to beat. My only problem with the predatobr is the trigger, I wish they would have stuck with the geissele. Ymmv

Have you had a chance to try the Black Gold trigger? I had the same concern, but after using it I prefer it over the Geissele.
[MENTION=88410]Jcgodfrey[/MENTION] they announced over on the LaRue forum that 16" PredatOBRs are shipping within 2 weeks. Some people actually had theirs ship next day. I think it was a combination of a lot of people canceling orders after a long wait, and having a huge run of 16" barrels complete at the same time. How long that lasts nobody knows, so it is best to get while the getting is good!

Gap 10s shoot more accurately than obrs out of the box? That's a deal breaker for the larue for me if the difference is more than like 1/10th moa. I'm planning on taking this gun out to 1000.

For the money you would be much better off with a JP LRP-07, just my two cents.

Never handled one but from what I've read there really isn't a weight savings between the tobr and obr. It's only a few ounces. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure they were weighed and were pretty close.

My JP is every bit as accurate as my GAP-10 was. It's more accurate than the OBR I had was. I also have a Noveske N6 at one point. It was about the same as the GAP and JP.

The main reason I like the JP is because it's so much lighter and handles better than the others. If you're shooting off a bench most of the time, weight isn't an issue but I mainly hunt pigs with mine. Lugging a 15 lb OBR around kind of sucks. My JP is around 10 lbs with glass.

Hmm surprises me to learn that the jp and gap 10 are more accurate guns makes me wonder why anyone would buy a larue. Keeping my eyes peeled for a jp, I don't see them in the classifieds very often...

Hmm surprises me to learn that the jp and gap 10 are more accurate guns makes me wonder why anyone would buy a larue. Keeping my eyes peeled for a jp, I don't see them in the classifieds very often...

And theres good reason for that. People usually keep them. Just order one from JP directly. You're not going to save much by getting a used one.

Not to bash Larue, I own one in 556. Its an awesome gun but I just feel like the JP is really hard to beat when talking about 308 AR's.

This was supposed to be a post ranger school buy, but I inconveniently graduated right before i deploy so I really don't have time to be on a wait list...

Worth every penny. People that are telling you otherwise have probably never shot one.

JP's are super accurate and highly reliable but also light for a .308, Larue Tactical makes a fine rifle no doubt but for the money and customer service they don't even come close to JP Enterprise.

They are delivering in two weeks since when? Everything I have read has wait times easily over a year. If I am wrong let me know.

Just this month. 16" .308 P'tOBR only. A buddy just scored one.

Me, I waited 19 months for two of them. I took the option of the Field Grade barrel. I'm still waiting to find out if and when it will be replaced with the promised first quality barrel.

The good news is the so-called FIeld Grade barrels are shooting fine for me.

Having owned an OBR and done some long range training with it, it was an accurate rifle, but I will be getting an JP LRP-07 as soon as the funds allow to fill that role.

It shouldn't be too surprising. The GAP-10 is a custom rifle. It's as accurate as my custom bolt action rifles as long as I do my part. It's extremely solid.

of course a Gap 10 is going to be a more accuracte weapon, it has a cut rifled barrel with a match chamber, while the OBR is allways going to have button rifled barrel with a standard work with everything chamber. it is what it is. there is a reason companies use a more expensive process to produce barrels.

while i have not shot a JP, they have perfected their button barrels over many years of producing some of best race/3 gun rifles, people know they perform. its not surprising that they make a more accurate rifle than LT.

I really dont get the odd obsession with LT. they dont have the to war and back reputation as Knights or LMT, they dont have the Accuracy of JP or Ga precision. the predator line is not as light as the DPMS GII line.

any of those rifles with a quality optic would be a far better choice than LT

This was supposed to be a post ranger school buy, but I inconveniently graduated right before i deploy so I really don't have time to be on a wait list...

Larue makes a fine rifle don't let anyone dissuade you from buying if it's what you want. On paper I would prefer a PredOBR and if you go Larue/GAP be prepared for a million month wait time.

My take is that if you want a good, solid, 308 gas gun find yourself an LMT MWS with a chrome lined barrel. You should be able to find one on a shelf somewhere for 2500$.

The two OBRs I have had experience with were both extremely accurate. Both were very easy to shoot under moa, and consistently. I don't think you will be disappointed from that standpoint.

Winter Ranger myself, 10-02. Fun times.

Call Larue, 16" OBRs/tOBRs have been flowing very well. I ordered a 16" tOBR Feb 7 and had it Feb 28. I got an OBR I had ordered sense 12/21/12 in Feb as well so it was pretty much the flood gates opening on 16" and 14.5" 7.62.

tOBR with a field grade barrel I got last fall is shooting consistently sub 1 MOA with really cheap ammo, haven't worked up an loads for it yet.

I do not doubt the veracity of folks who have had a GAP-10 or JP outshoot their Larue .308. But, that's just one data point - Not science.

The most fair and objective .308 precision gas gun competition was staged in recent years by the DOE to replace their aging KAC gas guns. Who won? Who was second?