• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue OBR

RSCOT

Private
Minuteman
Feb 29, 2012
Northern Nevada
I have been looking all over for a LaRue OBR 7.62 and can't find one. Is the only way to just order one? Or should I look at something else?

Re: LaRue OBR

I just sold one. It had been listed on this site and one other site. Did not take long to sell (as I had anticipated). Saw another one sell here recently.

I originally ordered a 16" barrel and I think that helped speed things along. I waited may be six weeks or so I think. If I recall correctly, the longer barrel lengths had more of a delay. If you check ar15.com (industry forum - Larue Tactical section) you can get an idea of what is shipping how quickly because some of those people are Larue fanatics who have an obsession with that type of thing like discussing their dillo collection or whatever. I like Larue Tactical and they have treated me very well, but some of their fan-boys do not have well-balanced perspective in my view.

Do consider a GAP-10 also. For what it is worth, the OBR was a very nice gun and ran very well for me. I simply wanted to go back to a bolt-gun as I felt it was more appropriate for my level of skill.

It looks pretty well balanced to me
smirk.gif

5 Shot Groups

dime_zps63d45430.jpg

dime2_zps436d82c4.jpg

I own one and I can tell you that it is well worth the wait.

Yep, they are great guns. No doubt. I was referring to the Larue "fans" on the other site.

Larue Tactical has been good to me. I had a minor need that was not being met (part availability issue). It was quickly taken care of with an e-mail to Mark, so LT ranks up there in my book.

Well, I'm on a wait list now but it may be 6 months according to the dealer and the only question now is will I get it before the ban gets here. I may just buy a lower to hedge my bet.