• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LaRue OBR

Re: LaRue OBR

You'll probably find a lot more info in Larue's Industry forum over at AR15.com. Rifle looks impressive, but now that they have upped the price to just under $3,000 I think there are other options out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sernv99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the 18" model front heavy? </div></div>

Doubt it, but no one knows as none are in the wild yet of the 18 or 20.

I've got a 16 that shoots well below MOA at all ranges I've shot paper at, and shot really well at 1000 at steel.

Search around, there are a lot of threads about it between here and ar15.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sernv99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is the 18" model front heavy? </div></div>

Doubt it, but no one knows as none are in the wild yet of the 18 or 20. </div></div>

when I emailed the guys at Larue, they didn't indicate they were only cranking out the 16" versions.

I would like to shoot offhand in addition to using a bipod, hence why I wanted to know if the 18" will be front heavy for sustained shooting.

I put 400 rounds of our duty down an 18" barrel OBR. It was sub MOA, but it was hard to nail down good shot groups because the scope height and stock didn't allow for a natural point of aim on the one we were testing. The rifle is a little heavy compared to our precision AR15's, comparable to our AIAW's, but I wouldn't say it was front heavy....it felt balanced to me. The handguard stayed cool when we put 60 rounds rapid fire down it.

And just for fun, here's a vid of me doing a mag dump with mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_23qfyZ5PM

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_23qfyZ5PM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g_23qfyZ5PM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

That mag dump is one of my favorite videos.

I am very happy with the shooting characteristic of the OBR - soft recoil, tame muzzle, very accurate. It is the softest shooting .308 semiauto I own or have used.

Not wanting to use a riser on a collapsible stock or a PRS-type fixed stock, I tried to bring the scope down as close as I could to the rails while still allowing for a rear BUIS. Using two LT-152 Aimpoint mounts and a KAC 600m micro rear BUIS, I was able to accomplish this with my NF 2.5-10x32. The cheekweld with this setup and a Vltor EMod stock is about the same as I get from using a Larue SPR 1.5 mount. That's entirely acceptable to me.

My OBR has been flawless so far with the Magpul LR20 magazines. It is a finely crafted rifle.

obr_aac_950.jpg

If any one is interested my close friend is willing to give up his order. Larue contacted him via email yesterday asking what options he would like. It seems that after a year of waiting his rifle is finaly being assembled. He ended up with the LWRC.

Im in line for one. I ordered Feb 7th 2009 and got the call last week. I told em I wanted an 18" and they said it would be another month or two, but I will have one of the first 25 that go out. i am getting pretty excited.

CJG

If he ordered it before the actual release, which if he got the call now, im sure he did, it will also come with the free larue optic mount at about a $215 value, a sling and push button($70) and the larue owners group hat and some other misc stuff. thats a really good deal for 2500 bux.

CJG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matthew Lundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If any one is interested my close friend is willing to give up his order. Larue contacted him via email yesterday asking what options he would like. It seems that after a year of waiting his rifle is finaly being assembled. He ended up with the LWRC. </div></div>

larue sent that email to everyone who ordered. i ordered mine 2 months ago and got the same e-mail. when you get the phone call confirming your options (barrel length, grip, stock, etc.) than your rifle is ready to be assembled.

Ergo grips sells a little filler piece for the space left on the dove tail of your grip and the frame. It's the Large frame AR filler; works well. At $5.95, it will take away that gap and make the fit a lot better. Don't forget to take a little black RTV and put it on the contact point between the grip and the filler; that will prevent the filler from working it's way out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vmpgsc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That mag dump is one of my favorite videos.

I am very happy with the shooting characteristic of the OBR - soft recoil, tame muzzle, very accurate. It is the softest shooting .308 semiauto I own or have used.

Not wanting to use a riser on a collapsible stock or a PRS-type fixed stock, I tried to bring the scope down as close as I could to the rails while still allowing for a rear BUIS. Using two LT-152 Aimpoint mounts and a KAC 600m micro rear BUIS, I was able to accomplish this with my NF 2.5-10x32. The cheekweld with this setup and a Vltor EMod stock is about the same as I get from using a Larue SPR 1.5 mount. That's entirely acceptable to me.

My OBR has been flawless so far with the Magpul LR20 magazines. It is a finely crafted rifle.

obr_aac_950.jpg
</div></div>